Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think Trump has REALLY done it now. <light-hearted>;

(14 Posts)
HaveIGotAClue Fri 19-Feb-16 09:24:11

He's only gone and fucking insulted the lovely Oirish. angry

As if women, muslims, LBGT, Mexicans and the Pope wasn't enough, now he's really picked on the wrong ones.

www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/donald-trump-calls-irish-investment-small-potatoes-1.2540342

Wouldn't mind but the 'big investment tycoon' hired waiters/chambermaids and other staff on an Irish 'apprenticeship' scheme, whereby he trained them up on invaluable skills while not having to pay them a PENNY for 9 months of their 'internship'.

lionheart Fri 19-Feb-16 09:27:26

I love to see him digging a big hole for himself but then I see how many people want to jump in with him. shock

TooOldForGlitter Fri 19-Feb-16 09:29:28

It amazes me how the man can be so odious and contemptible yet have such support. <baffled>

HaveIGotAClue Fri 19-Feb-16 09:30:08

Is there anyone left to insult? grin

firefly78 Fri 19-Feb-16 09:31:06

i just love what the pope said about him yesterday

nooka Fri 19-Feb-16 09:34:56

Some of the support even comes from groups he insults. I watched an interview with a Mexican American (in fact it might even have been with a Trump employee) who said that Trump's statements about his nationality were terrible, but he was still thinking about voting for him because he liked the way he said what he thought!

I think that some of the support for both Trump and Saunders is just because they seem different. Quite how Trump has positioned himself as an 'everyman' is beyond me though. Some people have very very selective hearing.

Oysterbabe Fri 19-Feb-16 09:37:31

Even the fucking pope thinks he's a prick.

HaveIGotAClue Fri 19-Feb-16 09:37:38

He prattles on about not using cheap immigrant labour and bringing 'da love' and jobs back to 'Americans'. Who the fuck does he think an American is?

40 million with Irish heritage
50 million with German heritage
God only knows how many with Italian heritage (who revere the Pope)
Scotland wants to ban the gombeen.
He has insulted Muslims the world over.
He clearly loathes women

Who is left for him to be friends with? Putin and Palin?

Honestly, I despair......

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 19-Feb-16 09:37:51

How did I miss him unsulting the pope!?! And what did the pope say?

AnUtterIdiot Fri 19-Feb-16 09:45:15

Yes, I laughed when I heard him saying that illegal immigration has been incredibly damaging to America. I'm sure the Native Americans would be the first to agree.

HaveIGotAClue Fri 19-Feb-16 09:47:25

Here you go.....

Trump v The Pope

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/18/donald-trump-pope-francis-christian-wall-mexico-border

DontCareHowIWantItNow Fri 19-Feb-16 09:51:34

Tbh it won't matter to his popularity at all unfortunately

Every blow that has 'hit' him has actually made him stronger and I can't see this being any different.

FredaMayor Fri 19-Feb-16 09:51:43

Until yesterday I had a concern that Cathead Trump could bully his nasty way into the US presidency, but now he has started an argument with the Pope I feel sure his breathtaking vanity (held without any justification I myself can see) will bring him down.

What a numpty, 'only in America' I suppose. He could have been a contender. <now returns attention with dread to Clinton, Mrs.>

btw. that Bible he brandished looks in fine unread condition for its age. hmm

bakeoffcake Fri 19-Feb-16 09:54:45

You'd hope so but some voters seem to like his racist and sexist comments.

I just hope and pray there are less of theses type of people than those who think he's a prick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now