Talk

Advanced search

To think its not that weird to kiss your mum on the lips?

(209 Posts)
altctrldel Thu 18-Feb-16 22:38:56

So theres been articles in the DM about Sam Fairers boyfriend kissing his Mum on the lips and "how gross it is"

I always have. Still do and im 28.

AIBU to think its not that weird?

madmother1 Thu 18-Feb-16 22:45:19

Sounds a bit weird. I accidentally kissed my 15 year old DD BF on the lips as he didn't turn his head when I wished him a Happy Christmas and that felt weird as well!

Sparklingbrook Thu 18-Feb-16 22:45:45

I don't kiss anyone on the lips except for DH and previous boyfriends. I never have.
My parents never kiss me on the lips, and I never kiss my DC on the lips.

I don't know anyone in RL that does.

But everyone's different.

WorraLiberty Thu 18-Feb-16 22:46:40

It's quite a personal thing so it will be weird to some but not to others.

No right or wrong answer really.

usual Thu 18-Feb-16 22:47:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lindor Thu 18-Feb-16 22:47:33

yuk. Find this odd and cringey

AnUtterIdiot Thu 18-Feb-16 22:48:39

My parents never kissed me on the lips and I would find it weird if they did, but that's us. I know lots of people who find it perfectly normal.

Ryanairbride1234 Thu 18-Feb-16 22:48:40

I'd not tho k it's weird if I saw someone else do it, but if I kissed my mum on the lips would be dead weird <shudder>

PaulAnkaTheDog Thu 18-Feb-16 22:49:07

I don't think it's weird for some people. However, did you see that kiss?! It was weird. No two ways about it. Creepy as fuck.

Shinyshoes2 Thu 18-Feb-16 22:49:17

I kiss my 18, 15, 8 year olds on the lips
They're my children for goodness sakes and I adore them
I most certainly don't 'get off ' on it or get a sexual thrill
Theyd still be sleeping in my bed if I had my way
( they do draw the line at bed sharing I might add )

YouCantCallMeBetty Thu 18-Feb-16 22:51:46

Completely not my thing, never done it in my family (my sibs, parents, GPs etc). My XDP though has always done it in his family and does it with our 11 year old DS, not thought to be weird at all. Totally depends on tradition/culture within family of origin I think.

IronOrchid Thu 18-Feb-16 22:54:18

Weird. Can't put my finger on why, exactly. Just weird and...urg.

TeaT1me Thu 18-Feb-16 22:57:55

I would find it weird, and weird to see. I certainly don't kiss my girls on the lips! I don't know anyone I've noticed do that.

I could sort of see it might be a cultural/social thing you just get used to though.

Vanderwaals Thu 18-Feb-16 22:59:31

I think it's weird to kiss your parents.
That kiss was beyond weird. Maybe a little peck is normal to some people, but that was a snog. 😷

Osolea Thu 18-Feb-16 23:00:12

It's weird in my world.

snowgirl1 Thu 18-Feb-16 23:00:49

Kissing immediate family on the lips isn't weird.

The kiss between Sam Fairers bf and his mum was extremely weird - more of a smooch. Google it - it's bound to be on Youtube.

firstcrack Thu 18-Feb-16 23:01:25

We are not lip kissers either, I don't kiss my kids on the lips, and I wasn't kissed on the lips as a child either. OH is the same. Lip kissing is reserved for sexual partners only.

I wouldn't judge what other families do though- each to their own.

Believeitornot Thu 18-Feb-16 23:01:33

I kiss mine on the lips - DCs are 6&4.

However never kissed my mum so that would be weird

redgoat Thu 18-Feb-16 23:01:47

I don't kiss my dad on the lips but did as a child, can't remember how old I'd have been when I stopped but I kissed my mum on the lips until she died (I was 33).

Both my children kiss me and DH on the lips (ds is 11 and dd is 8). I'll leave it up to them to naturally move to the cheek if they want to as they get older. DSD (18) doesn't kiss DH on the lips, she did but I can't remember when it tailed off. Each to their own.

AJ279 Thu 18-Feb-16 23:04:38

But did you see the kiss?? It was creepy. A peck on the lips is fine, I saw it in the news and thought "Oh how ridiculous, he's only kissing his mum"...but then I saw it...and I can't unsee it...ever...

Daffodil1210 Thu 18-Feb-16 23:04:49

Not weird to kiss your parents IMO (always something we've done in our family) but then my friend doesn't even hug her parents, and thinks any sort of physical contact with them is weird (she gets on fine with them otherwise I might add!)

I guess it's just different strokes and all that...

Alasalas Thu 18-Feb-16 23:05:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Daffodil1210 Thu 18-Feb-16 23:05:16

But I do agree that particular kiss was a bit weird...

peggyundercrackers Thu 18-Feb-16 23:06:31

I don't think it's weird at all, these people are family and you love them, why wouldn't you? I kiss my DD and ds on the lips all the time - I luffs it!

firstcrack Thu 18-Feb-16 23:08:29

"these people are family and you love them, why wouldn't you?"

Because it doesn't feel right. Enough reason surely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now