to not like DH wearing headphones looking after DD?

(7 Posts)
BurtMacklinsWife Wed 17-Feb-16 14:40:06

AIBU to not like DH wearing headphones - even one ear - when looking after DD (7)? He is usually listening to podcasts. I feel like it makes him more distracted and disconnected and it's just a bit rude. Happy to hear the truth about whether IABU.

PennyHasNoSurname Wed 17-Feb-16 14:42:04

Dunno really, at seven dont they just entertain themselves for a good chunk of the day hopeful ?

Does he actually do stuff with her, ever?

goodnightdarthvader1 Wed 17-Feb-16 14:42:49

Agree, drives me mad when I see parents doing this. Totally broadcasts the message "my child is not worth interacting with", "I'd rather be doing something else" and "can you please let me know if she cries, because I won't be able to hear her. Ta".

BurtMacklinsWife Wed 17-Feb-16 14:43:09

Yes, but it's the not listening properly when she's trying to talk to him and he's not here very much due to work - 2 days a week he sees her.

Purplepicnic Wed 17-Feb-16 14:45:02

What is she doing while he has his earphones in? Playing on her own?

I think this is really about him not engaging with her?

iknowimcoming Wed 17-Feb-16 14:48:27

Yadnbu - that would make me really angry! If he only sees her two days a week then the least he could do is be present when he is with her and listen to podcasts when she's asleep! Is this the only thing that annoys you about him or are there other issues with his parenting/your marriage?

Scoopmuckdizzy Wed 17-Feb-16 14:54:36

I think if she is playing or watching TV etc then it's not really that much of a problem is it? At 7 surely she'd be able to gain his attention if she wanted to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now