Talk

Advanced search

To want to just BE ill?

(15 Posts)
PolovesTubbyCustard Wed 17-Feb-16 08:16:06

Feeling crap. Had bad cystitis - so along with constant peeing blood and urgent dashing to the loo I feel shivery and miserable.

Had a lie in as it's half term. None of us really have to get up.

DH woke when I went to the loo. I got back into bed and said I plan to stay in bed for a while - and that I'd love coffee and toast in bed.

He agreed but then fell asleep again. He is now snoring. I am starving.

WIBU to poke him hard?

Nodney Wed 17-Feb-16 08:18:28

I would, it's gone 8! Hope you feel better soon x

CooPie10 Wed 17-Feb-16 08:24:33

Hope you feel better but Yabu to want him to get out of bed when he also wants a lie in.

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Wed 17-Feb-16 08:25:13

I'm lying in bed feeling flu-ey. Was the same all yesterday. Dh has been a star entertaining dd (4) and ds (2). However there's still a really childish part of me that wants him to bring me lucozade and stroke my hair and indulge me in how awful I feel. No way has he got time or energy for that though after dealing with our double trouble! It's not fair grin

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Wed 17-Feb-16 08:26:20

Just one of the shot things about being an adult I guess, no getting looked after like a child does anymore.

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Wed 17-Feb-16 08:26:39

Shit not shot

PolovesTubbyCustard Wed 17-Feb-16 08:31:17

So IA and AN smile

I could go and get my own and being it back to bed. The trouble is that once I go downstairs I will then be the one opening the curtains, emptying dishwasher.

Update he has stirred and asked me what I would like on toast. Yay.

Hope everyone else who feels unwell is soon recovered.

elliejjtiny Wed 17-Feb-16 08:32:42

You poor thing. I had a horrible fluey cold thing for 3 weeks that I've just got over. Tried to struggle on while coughing till I puked, feeling sick, dizzy etc. House just got messier etc. It's horrible being ill as a parent.

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Wed 17-Feb-16 08:34:53

Yeah, I'm on week four, thought it was getting better then got the shivers and aches and was totally floored yesterday. Evil sinus infection, headache and fluey aches and pains. It's the gift that keeps on giving. <moans>

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Wed 17-Feb-16 08:35:27

Nice to hear it does go away though

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Wed 17-Feb-16 08:36:32

Cystitis is the worst, hope it doesn't last too long op

GruntledOne Wed 17-Feb-16 08:56:41

Hope you feel better but Yabu to want him to get out of bed when he also wants a lie in.

Bollocks to that. Needing a lie in due to being ill trumps wanting a lie in every time.

diddl Wed 17-Feb-16 08:59:24

Was wondering if he thought that your breakfast order would wait until he got up.

I thought coffee wasn't recommended with cystitis?

Just water & lots of it!

Also cranberry juice (but not if you take warfarin) &/or lemon barley water.

PolovesTubbyCustard Wed 17-Feb-16 09:02:04

Yikes to the 3 week + fluey thing. that sounds horrendous. Hope you are better.

He's up and at it.

DH works for himself. At home today.

He is not a morning person - but if he gets up late he will then be grumpy as has so much work to do.

So I am slightly justified in poking him to get a shake on.

operaha Wed 17-Feb-16 09:12:21

Yanbu.
I'm in a slightly opposite sort of situation. I'm alone! I have a partner, 3 children and 2 step children and none of them are here to look after me. Great you would think but I'd like some toast but far too ill to go and make it.
I've also had to cancel a long awaited night out with other teacher friends tonight which as you can imagine happens once every six weeks or so! Feel so sorry for myself and no one to look after me.
Hope you got your toast and feel better soon.
Yikes to those ill for weeks, I have another night out Friday that I'm assuming I'll be well enough for! hopeful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now