To be gutted that BBC3 has gone?

(119 Posts)
LordBrightside Tue 16-Feb-16 23:11:27

In 2007 they took ABC1 from us and now The Man has taken away BBC3.

Really feel the BBC Trust has let us all down on this one. This is the time at night when I would normally flick over for some Family Guy before going to sleep and BBC3 overall gave us a lot of really good comedy and gave shows their start.

Bastards.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 16-Feb-16 23:15:47

Yep, totally agree. I'm watching fox instead but it's just not the same.

The "BBC Three is now online only" message in the sky guide makes me sad.

LordBrightside Tue 16-Feb-16 23:26:50

Have tried to watch it online and it's not even a to channel in any describable way any more. They might as well just have killed it.

LordBrightside Tue 16-Feb-16 23:28:13

Not even a tv channel I meant.

PaulAnkaTheDog Tue 16-Feb-16 23:29:44

It's sad but the new series of Cuckoo is online already. I'll console myself with that for a bit.

Alambil Tue 16-Feb-16 23:30:17

I'm really angry... we pay for that! they can't just take it!

I did all their consultations and put my disgust in no uncertain terms ... it feels like they didn't even listen (unless there wasn't a majority who wanted it kept, I suppose)

TaintedAngel Tue 16-Feb-16 23:31:11

Yadnbu.

Sad times.

YY to Fox just not being the same. I know the episodes are newer, but it's just not BBC 3. sad

LordBrightside Tue 16-Feb-16 23:31:22

I don't know anyone who supported this happening. BBC bosses decided they knew best and just took something that belonged to us.

scarednoob Tue 16-Feb-16 23:32:15

It was the only bbc channel that I watched sad

EBearhug Tue 16-Feb-16 23:34:23

Oh - I thought it was just a quirk of the hotel TV I have.

TaintedAngel Tue 16-Feb-16 23:34:23

Yes Lord, and they still expect me to pay my TV licence with a smile...for what, exactly? The BBC take the majority of thr TV licence money, and all I benefit out if it is Eastenders grin

ASAS Tue 16-Feb-16 23:35:38

Stacey Dooley is brilliant. That's my tuppence worth.

Groovee Tue 16-Feb-16 23:37:27

There's a new channel on virgin called W which seems to have the bbc3 listings

Twistedheartache Tue 16-Feb-16 23:41:13

Isn't W - what was watch? Noticed it when I was flicking through yesterday & they had masterchef USA on & only thing I ever view on watch is MC Australia
Sad to see bbc3 go. Don't watch much anymore (think I'm too old) but a channel that brought us 2 pints should be celebrated forever!

wtfisgoingonhere Tue 16-Feb-16 23:41:18

I completely agree too. Only bbc channel we consistently watched.

All well and good that the shows are on fox or w but what about those of us (in the dark ages) trying to get by on just free view which isn't free as we still pay the bloody bbc for our licence for channels they take away as they please

LordBrightside Tue 16-Feb-16 23:44:07

W isn't on freebies and that's all I have in my bedroom.

ouryve Tue 16-Feb-16 23:45:06

Can't say I'd miss it - there was very little on there I watched.

Apparently, they're still broadcasting in the early wee hours until the end of next month, so they can keep their episode guide slot with no quibble.

MuttonCadet Tue 16-Feb-16 23:45:35

Sad to see it go, and Stacey Dooley is not brilliant, you must be her mum, it's like watching brass eye.

LilacSpunkMonkey Tue 16-Feb-16 23:47:57

Can'the remember when anything on BBC3 last appealed to me.

It was mostly shit iirc.

2rebecca Tue 16-Feb-16 23:49:14

I rarely watched it and if I had to name a cost cutting action would suggest axing it. It was mainly repeats. If they axed BBC 4 I'd be helping organise the petition though. That's a brilliant channel.

B3auBouqu3t Tue 16-Feb-16 23:55:02

Technologically it makes sense

There will be more on line TV channels in the future eg Amazon Prime (new Top Gear)

Accessible 24x7x365 with catch up facilities facilities

Cheaper

More variety

Look how popular Netflix is

FirstWeTakeManhattan Tue 16-Feb-16 23:56:52

Annoyed that I can't watch American Dad anymore. Roger made me laugh.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Tue 16-Feb-16 23:56:59

Yabu op. There was almost nothing on there worth watching and anything good will now be shown on BBC1 or BBC2.

Personally I welcome fewer programmes where people who lack full mental capacity are shown up on camera and fewer programmes where the audience is treated as if they lack full mental capacity. I can count on one hand the programmes that were worth watching and I think almost all of those would have been commissioned by the likes of BBC2 and Channel 4. Besides, do people even watch live TV now? With the obvious exception of CBeebies [not even ironic].

For every Gavin And Stacey there's another 50 Poor People Get Given Some Money And Make Bad Decisions While Being Filmed And A Smug Narrator Takes The Piss Behind The Camera show.

Rofl at "it's like watching Brass Eye" grin

Lottie2611 Tue 16-Feb-16 23:57:11

Family guy sadsadsadsadsad

Lottie2611 Tue 16-Feb-16 23:57:57

Have to watch on fox now. Splitting me and my Peter up. How dare they. I've put my Peter griffin bed sheets on tonight in memory

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now