Talk

Advanced search

dislocated sholder and driving

(7 Posts)
SantanaBinLorry Tue 16-Feb-16 20:07:54

AIBU to not let my kids be driven by someone this coming Friday who dislocated their sholder sunday just gone.

They reckon they will be fine to drive.

The internets says 2-3 weeks off work, 12-16 weks till full recovery.

The only info I can get on driving says "when ready/strong enough" which makes sense, but a bit vague for me. Driver thinks they be "fiiiiiine". They won't will they?

SantanaBinLorry Tue 16-Feb-16 20:09:33

Sholder? Showlder...?
Shoulder!!
grin

PerspicaciaTick Tue 16-Feb-16 20:12:02

No I wouldn't feel comfortable letting them drive less than a week after the injury.

specialsubject Tue 16-Feb-16 20:29:51

if they are early 20s and the shoulder pops regularly, maybe. Otherwise - no. And they shouldn't be on the road AT ALL without medical approval.

TheFairyCaravan Tue 16-Feb-16 20:32:20

It depends how and why it happened.

When DS2 dislocated his playing rugby he couldn't have driven (he was too young anyway) 5 days after. We were still helping him get dressed at that point.

If it's because of EDS or similar it might be different.

SantanaBinLorry Tue 16-Feb-16 20:38:40

Ha! defo not early 20's.
Although they must have thought they were when they decided to in-line skate race a seven year old angry

So, it going to be at least until after follow up appoint in 10days before driving.

Tis what I thought.

SantanaBinLorry Tue 16-Feb-16 20:44:39

btw, I most certainly would not have allowed it to happen. I just needed some back up.

My ankles and knees pop out regularly due to hyper mobility, with little pain and life disruption. But I can tell they are in pain, and it aint going away quickly.

There will be no help with dressing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now