Talk

Advanced search

To try and put this off?

(4 Posts)
goodenoughmum88 Sun 14-Feb-16 22:29:04

So, background.
Am on Mat leave with DC2 who's 6 months old and have a lively 3 year old aswell. A young family friend who I'm close with has had a tough time emotionally resulting in active suicide attempts/self harming recently and has asked to come and stay to "help out" and have a break. They're lovely and I want to help out BUT my concern is that the incidents have been without warning and if there is one while they're staying I can't leave the DCs and accompany to hospital and also don't want the 3 year old to witness anything horrible. (They're under 18, live at home and the mum also wants them to come and stay- she has a reputation for farming out Her DCs when she can't cope). They're under MH services and getting help but AIBU to have concerns about this and want to put it off until theyre more stable? Also, any bright ideas on how to tactfully delay???

CooPie10 Sun 14-Feb-16 22:38:10

Yanbu for all your reasons listed. Your baby is still so tiny and you also have another dc, that alone is enough. I would just probably say right now isn't the right time, you're still trying to adjust baby and toddler and it's a bit hectic. You will be a carer for this other person and may effectively end up with 3 kids to care for. Besides your mat leave will go by so quick, you want to spend that time with your dc.

goodenoughmum88 Sun 14-Feb-16 22:59:43

Thank you. I just feel so guilty! Pre 2nd child I'd have probably felt a whole lot less concerned and been able to crack right on but 2 is twice as much fun and games which I'm still getting used to - and my 3 year old is finding it a little tough sometimes so I really don't want to upset him more. I really want to support them but feel I should prioritise my own children now.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Sun 14-Feb-16 23:14:57

That last sentence.

Your eldest is still having trouble adjusting to the new baby.

Be honest.

Now is not the time, you need this time with your dcs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now