Talk

Advanced search

To think my dishwasher might be the best thing ever?

(77 Posts)
Keletubbie Sun 14-Feb-16 16:34:01

I never thought I needed one. I hate washing dishes. But so does everyone else.

I won some vouchers for a department store just before Christmas and could see myself spending them on ridiculous shit in the sales, so instead I bought a dishwasher. And it's bloody brilliant.

The sink is empty. The drainer is not stacked like the leaning tower of Pisa. I've made a curry, a cake and banana bread yet my kitchen looks clean. I don't have to stand at the sink after everyone else has sloped off to digest their dinner.

Has anyone else been totally blown away by something so simple/obvious?

formerbabe Sun 14-Feb-16 16:35:14

I love mine SO much...There are no words!

grannycake Sun 14-Feb-16 16:38:12

Had mine just before Christmas. Why have I waited until I am nearly 60? I love it so much

honeysucklejasmine Sun 14-Feb-16 16:40:49

I felt the same about mine. I luffs it!

WineOrSleep Sun 14-Feb-16 16:41:39

I love mine. I occasionally have been known after a dinner party to pat it on the door and say "thank you"

blushgrin

3rdrockfromthesun Sun 14-Feb-16 16:51:08

I so agree with you all! I love the fact that I can just put dishes in the dishwasher and then take them out clean!!!

Oysterbabe Sun 14-Feb-16 16:53:55

Yanbu

GinIceAndASlice Sun 14-Feb-16 16:56:49

When we moved in to our new house there was only undercounter space for one appliance in the kitchen. The dishwasher won....clothed could taken to the laundry until we plumbed the washing machine in the utility. ...

CooPie10 Sun 14-Feb-16 16:58:14

Yanbugrin we've had one since I was little. My mum didn't believe in standing and slogging away precious time at the sink washing. It's an essential for me.

CrazyDuchess Sun 14-Feb-16 16:58:23

My dishwasher is a week old and I have never enjoyed cleaning my kitchen so much!!! How did I get through life without it??!!??

IAmPissedOffWithAHeadmaster Sun 14-Feb-16 16:58:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Keletubbie Sun 14-Feb-16 17:28:08

I always thought it was a waste of money. DM was appalled and said I'm lazy.

I think about how much my time is worth to my employer, then how long I spend in front of the sink. I should have bought this years ago.

And it uses just 10l of water to perform magic. Less than a sinkful. Wonderous contraption!

cankles Sun 14-Feb-16 17:35:09

only had one since christmas. best thing EVER.

Topseyt Sun 14-Feb-16 17:38:42

I love mine. I have had a dishwasher for about 10 years. Maybe longer. I really cannot remember how I ever coped without one.

For a family of 5 plus two dogs and a cat, it is on every day at least once. It is an essential piece of equipment.

My parents have never had them. It is rather a revelation to actually have to wash up when I go to their house.

ladygracie Sun 14-Feb-16 17:40:37

Oh I love mine too. I've had it about 18 months and the novelty still hasn't worn off. They are awesome.

Keletubbie Sun 14-Feb-16 18:19:36

We should go door to door.

Excuse me, do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and saviour the dishwasher? grin

MsRinky Sun 14-Feb-16 18:21:05

Yes, I would never be without one again if I could help it.

geekymommy Sun 14-Feb-16 22:04:32

I hate washing dishes. I can't understand why anyone who could have a dishwasher wouldn't. What I REALLY don't understand is people like my in-laws, who will hand wash dishes even though they have a perfectly good dishwasher.

Angelika321 Sun 14-Feb-16 22:09:08

I have one, couldn't live without it. I put everything in it. When the MIL is over she'll remove pans and bowls from it and hand wash them. The implication being they use up too much space in the washer and I'm a lazy moo putting them in there!

It doesn't bother me.

GloGirl Sun 14-Feb-16 22:11:52

I spent an extra £3000 on my kitchen when we built it to get a dishwasher in (had to move doors and windows etc)

WORTH IT

FinallyFreeFromItAll Sun 14-Feb-16 22:13:23

My parents house had a built in dishwasher (brand new with manual still in) they've lived there for almost 20yrs and it still hasn't been turned on!

I've been umming and aarring over whether to get a slimline one in my kitchen.

SalemSaberhagen Sun 14-Feb-16 22:16:04

We have an inbuilt one, have had it since we moved in early 2013. Never bothered to use it until Christmas just gone blush

What were we doing?! I wouldn't be without it now

TodaysFishIsTroutALaCreme Sun 14-Feb-16 22:16:20

I asked DH for a dishwasher and he said no. I went on strike. 4 days later, i got my very lovely shiny new dishwasher. I luffs it a lot. I just dont put my beautiful and very expensive pans in it.

Twinklestar2 Sun 14-Feb-16 22:17:38

My mum called me lazy too. Have had one since June last year. Couldn't be without it now, it's so easy !!

geekymommy Sun 14-Feb-16 22:20:10

When DH and I were apartment hunting, I made sure he knew that a dishwasher was absolutely 100% non-negotiable. He knows better than to try to get me to live without one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now