Talk

Advanced search

Radio Dedications....

(15 Posts)
CallieTorres Sun 14-Feb-16 11:18:32

(first defense, I'm known for being a bit grumpy but..)

these drive me nuts!

Steve Wright Sunday Love songs "please tell my darling DH/W I love him/her lots" etc
Dont you have a phone, or live in the same house, or actually talk to each other?? - Tell him.her yourself

And as for the ones on the morning quiz with Ken Bruce (popmaster) "can i just say hello to bob and jane and sarah and glenis and fred .... " and on and on it goes for (what feels like) hours argh

I know some people like it, but i hate it

WorraLiberty Sun 14-Feb-16 11:21:05

Good lord

I think Valentine's Day is bringing all the grumpy folk out grin

CooPie10 Sun 14-Feb-16 11:21:09

Ah don't be so miserable!

Salmotrutta Sun 14-Feb-16 11:22:46

I hear you OP.

That's why I don't listen to Steve Wrong's "Sunday Love Songs" - I'd much rather tell DH in person that I love him.

MiddleClassProblem Sun 14-Feb-16 11:23:41

Publicly telling someone you love them is not the same as a call or message. Don't watch proposal videos on YouTube. They might send you over the edge!

CallieTorres Sun 14-Feb-16 12:30:14

i did say i was grumpy.... :-)

but, really, I live with you, or am dating you, or have been married to you for 25 years, surely you know I love you...

teeththief Sun 14-Feb-16 12:48:16

I think the older generation do this more than the younger, purely because they're more likely to have 'their song' which doesnt sWem as commin the's days. Having that sonf played on the radio show they've possible listened to for years is a way of showing their love.

You're being grumpy grin

teeththief Sun 14-Feb-16 12:49:11

Urgh! "Doesn't seem as common these days"

GideonSoames Sun 14-Feb-16 14:25:58

Yawn

CallieTorres Sun 14-Feb-16 14:28:29

*GideonSoames yawn *for radio dedications? or yawn because you dont like the thread?

I love a helpful and insightful comment like this....

GideonSoames Sun 14-Feb-16 16:54:58

Your welcome.

GideonSoames Sun 14-Feb-16 16:57:01

Did I accidentally step on a massively intellectual discussion then?
I must have missed it.

PS yes you're * I'm sure you'll have fun with that one. cake

StealthPolarBear Sun 14-Feb-16 17:01:05

"
I think the older generation do this more than the younger,"

It's just the equivalent of the Facebook declarations of love for us oldies surely

ouryve Sun 14-Feb-16 17:02:58

YABU for listening to Steve Wright.

Radcliffe and Maconie gave DH a radio-sadface at my request, once grin

spudmasher Sun 14-Feb-16 17:05:48

Ah, they congratulated me on birth of DD2 at my brothers request too! I was seriously chuffed with that.
I would love a radio dedication- preferably Elaine Paige - something from the Lion King.....I'll dream on....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now