Do you share bathwater?

(110 Posts)
MuffinMooo Sat 13-Feb-16 22:41:45

I'm just curious as some do, some don't

0christmastree5 Sat 13-Feb-16 22:43:34

Nope.
Prefer shower anyway.

grumpysquash2 Sat 13-Feb-16 22:45:21

No. It would be too cold, too dirty and just too grim to get in second.
Having said that, if someone wanted mine after I'd been in it, I would leave the plug in for them.

Cookingongas Sat 13-Feb-16 22:46:15

Yep. But everyday. If it was every other then no.

MuffinMooo Sat 13-Feb-16 22:46:31

You're the same as me grumpy grin

SingingSamosa Sat 13-Feb-16 22:46:46

We shower most of the time but the children love to share a bath every now and then. Children don't really get that filthy so I don't see the problem in them sharing bath water. I personally wouldn't share bathwater with my husband but that's because we both have skin things (he has eczema and I have psoriasis) and I don't fancy bathing in someone else's skin!!

IgnoreMeEveryOtherReindeerDoes Sat 13-Feb-16 22:49:23

We don't as I have to wash my hair in bath, no shower and then shave my legs.

Did when we was younger as we use to only get so much hot water and it took forever to heat up - didn't bath a eyelid back then.

Mrsw28 Sat 13-Feb-16 22:50:07

Yep, I don't find it weird. In our house growing up all us kids bathed first (4 of us at home at this point) and then Dad would get in and top it up. I think we all stopped sharing the same bath when we started to hit puberty.

I still share bath water now with my children and husband.

IgnoreMeEveryOtherReindeerDoes Sat 13-Feb-16 22:50:12

*bat not bath a eyelid

Cressandra Sat 13-Feb-16 22:52:12

We shower but when we lived without a shower for a few months, DH would have the bathwater after me. It took too long to run 2 baths at our water pressure in the morning and still make the 0740 train.

NoCapes Sat 13-Feb-16 22:52:23

Eurgh no that's gross!

patterkiller Sat 13-Feb-16 22:52:57

No remember doing it as children and it felt grim then. I need my bath water to be near boiling so unless I was first every time I just wouldn't.

megletthesecond Sat 13-Feb-16 22:53:29

Never.

Sheezus Sat 13-Feb-16 22:54:52

No. No way, never.
I barely have a bath myself. I may if I needed to soothe a muscle ache but it's like a medicinal bath.

I'm Irish though. In my experience, baths are for small children, the sick or the infirm. Everyone else showers, regularly.

Donge13 Sat 13-Feb-16 22:55:31

No. Why would anyone want to get in water full of sweat, hair, soap scum and dead skin?!

MirandaWest Sat 13-Feb-16 22:55:34

Dp and I share a bath sometimes. Don't think I'd like to have the water after him, but together is fine grin

SmallGreenBouncyBall Sat 13-Feb-16 22:57:05

for a soak yes, but would have shower afterwards to clean myself.

mudandmayhem01 Sat 13-Feb-16 22:57:44

I don't find it gross to share bath water with someone I have sex with or share a bed with.

SaucyJack Sat 13-Feb-16 22:57:44

Yep. We only have an immersion heater and no shower (no mod cons here).

We just wouldn't have time to heat the water five times in one evening.

CointreauVersial Sat 13-Feb-16 22:59:20

Did as a child (single parent, little money to heat bathwater) but not nowadays. I'm pretty much the only member of the family who takes baths anyway.

Thornrose Sat 13-Feb-16 23:00:36

Back in the day of waiting for the immersion heater then yes, but only with my sister, not my parents! Apart from that, NO!

I rarely have a bath these days. A 5 minute shower is quicker, cheaper and more hygienic than sharing skin cells, poo crumbs and whatever else is in shared bath water.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sat 13-Feb-16 23:16:25

DD normally jumps in after me. Its only us two in the house and our boiler is shit.

Vanderwaals Sat 13-Feb-16 23:23:34

No definitely not.
Did as children (crappy boiler and no shower) and it was disgusting. I'd always insist on going first.

Sparklingbrook Sat 13-Feb-16 23:24:28

No, I would not want to bathe in someone else's dirty soapy bathwater. But there's no need as I am the only one that has a bath, and about once a week.

Shower twice a day and DH and the DSs only have showers too.

lozengeoflove Sat 13-Feb-16 23:26:27

I'm with sheezus.

The idea of sharing bath water makes my skin crawl. And in our house only toddler has baths. We shower.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now