To think nursery should keep an eye on DS better?

(6 Posts)
Abbinob Fri 12-Feb-16 18:36:45

Ds goes to a small nursery, about 8 kids and 3 staff, in a small hall.
The last week he has come home with a scatch kn his face and neck, they said they didn't know how he got it. He told me 'Evie did it'
Today he came out with a bruise. They said they don't know what happened he must have got it stuck between two chairs, but they also said one of the kids told them that someone bit ds
As the bruise developed its obvious its a bite mark, da said " Evie bite me"
He often gets upset at home about Evie and says things like Evie kicked me etc, he even has nightmares sometimes and wakes up crying saying evie not very nice. I had no idea what he was going on about until I realised a girl about 4ish called Evie goes to the same nursery.
I'm pissed off that
A) they never seen to know how he's got hurt. It's a really small hall so I have no idea how they never notice
B) that it's always the same kid. Nursery said she was "a bit of a spitfire" well keep an eye on her when she's around the younger ones then!

ChampagneTastes Fri 12-Feb-16 18:38:16

What do you intend to do about it?

Abbinob Fri 12-Feb-16 18:41:06

I have no idea I've only really put 2 and 2 together this week AF er the scratches bit mostly today after the bite. Dp picked him up today and its not half term so I think I'll have a word with them when he goes back, not sure what to say though.
I didn't know who Evie was or if he was even saying evie before, he's 2 so he doesn't always make sense.

Abbinob Fri 12-Feb-16 18:42:02

I have no idea why that post makes no sense. Ignore the crazy grammer and spelling, my phone screens playing up

VimFuego101 Fri 12-Feb-16 18:43:24

Are they even filling out accident forms for each incident? Are they notifying you or you just find out when your son tells you what happened?

Vintage45 Fri 12-Feb-16 18:44:18

If it was a "one off" then I'd dismiss it but this seems to be a regular occurrence and yes the workers in the nursery should have noticed. Have you made them aware of this? If not, then go and speak to the supervisor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now