How do I return this...

(6 Posts)
InYearAdmissions Fri 12-Feb-16 11:02:59

So hardly a big deal...but I bought a new No. 7 Mascara last Friday. My sister had given me one for Christmas which I had really loved and had a voucher for £3 off.

But, rather than buying the one she had got me before thought I would try the "Stay Perfect" as had a myriad of claims.

It is the WORST mascara I have every used, clumps, flakes...doesn't do anything it claims. Trouble is I threw my receipt away.

Can I take this back? It was £10 after the discount, so not cheap and it is unusable. AIBU to expect them to refund this?

Birdsgottafly Fri 12-Feb-16 11:13:08

You could take in your bank statement showing the purchase.

However, it would be a goodwill suture, if they swap it for you, they don't have to refund.

Namechange02 Fri 12-Feb-16 11:16:33

If you don't have the receipt, you need a different proof of purchase (eg bank/card statement). If you paid cash I think you'll have to take the hit. But, as it's Boots own make you can't have bought it anywhere else, and it might be that they'll give you a credit note or a new one. It costs nothing to ask.

ThinkAboutItTomorrow Fri 12-Feb-16 11:22:58

If you used an ad card they must know. I bet it's not that easy though.

Good for you taking it back though.

I'm taking a zero tolerance approach to stuff that's not fit for purpose, I'm sick of stuff that doesn't work. Too often I keep or just chuck stuff that doesn't do what it should because it's too much hassle to take back. My resolution is to return stuff that's crap.

JapaneseSlipper Fri 12-Feb-16 11:26:40

I'd try your luck. Be nice. And if they only offer an exchange, accept it. x

FinallyFreeFromItAll Fri 12-Feb-16 11:33:05

Under the sale of goods act its unfit for the purpose for which it was sold so you are actually entitled to a refund or to exchange for an alternative even without proof of purchase. Be nice but firm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now