Talk

Advanced search

to wonder what the hell I've done with our own birth certificates?

(10 Posts)
lazyleo Tue 09-Feb-16 20:19:59

I need my birth certificate, the last time I remember having it was when I got married almost 14 years ago. I can't figure out if I would have had to send it away for other documentation (I had my passport and driver's licence before then) I can find the kids, my marriage cert etc but not my own BC. Bugger. Think I may just have to order a copy....

Aeroflotgirl Tue 09-Feb-16 20:22:17

I am in your position, I can find all the other certificates, accept my birth certificate. Don't know where I can get one though.

TeenAndTween Tue 09-Feb-16 20:22:55

Sure it's not at your parents' house?

We have a folder marked 'Important Documents'. All important documents go there. smile

Eggsandketchup Tue 09-Feb-16 20:23:40

General registry office. You can order them online

SmallGreenBouncyBall Tue 09-Feb-16 20:24:06

easy and quick

SmallGreenBouncyBall Tue 09-Feb-16 20:25:20

oh and we don't have a folder labelled 'important documents' since a friends folder got stolen in a burglary...

TeenAndTween Tue 09-Feb-16 20:27:05

fair enough grin

lazyleo Tue 09-Feb-16 20:29:18

I have a folder with most of that stuff in it, but not this one! I can order a new one and it will do for the purpose I need, but I would like to find the original as it was signed on the back by the minister on the day I was baptised. Sentimental I know!

lazyleo Tue 09-Feb-16 20:30:57

Oh, and I've sent my mum a text as well to ask but she does think I have it....

Flashbangandgone Tue 09-Feb-16 20:42:06

If you just kind find them you can order replacements online... I had to do this a while back with my marriage certificate!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now