Talk

Advanced search

To admit I need a grip?

(4 Posts)
VicWillia Tue 09-Feb-16 13:30:35

I've had issues with noisy neighbours for over 2 years now. First it was a lady living under me who used to blast techno music at 3 am because she was "stressed from work" we then moved to another flat but this time we had students next door who partied every other night, sometimes all through.

My health has suffered because of this, I've developed tinnitus from stuffing earplugs into my ears every night, I have severe anxiety and panic about noise.

We've finally been able to afford a house, in a quieter part of town - the issue is that it's a Victorian terrace.

I've been driving myself crazy thinking that the walls will be thin and I'll have loads of noise to deal with again, I think there's children living both sides. I know I'm worrying myself sick about something that hasn't even happened yet but I can't help it.

If you have any positive experiences of living in a Victorian house I'd appreciate it.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 09-Feb-16 14:09:03

Ours is (probably) a Victorian terrace - I say probably as the survey said it was about 100 years old when we bought it - we rarely hear anything.

Even when we had noisy neighbours, the most we would hear would be the kids thundering up and down the stairs, but we could only hear that when we were on our stairs (they butted against the same wall).

We don't hear our neighbours TVs, music, or other noises - oh, I tell a lie, sometimes when the DH next door is watching footy we'll hear a yell every now and then grin.

Can you view it again, maybe early evening when the neighbours will definitely be there, just to put your mind at ease?

OddSocksHighHeels Tue 09-Feb-16 14:11:32

I've lived in two Victorian terraces and they've been absolutely fine for noise, I guess the walls are built better. The reasonably new maisonette type that I lived in was the worst for hearing everything from neighbours.

VicWillia Tue 09-Feb-16 18:09:04

Thanks, that helps. I'm such an idiot. I work myself up over things that might never happen with alarming frequency! Ha ha smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now