Talk

Advanced search

To ask about your laundry basket?

(43 Posts)
Flossyfloof Tue 09-Feb-16 10:53:19

I need a new one and have no idea where to get a decent one from, I bought a nasty one from Dunelm, out of desperation, but it went back.

My criteria are:

Square or rectangular
Lidded
White, grey or pale blue
Not plastic
Lined wicker would be ok
Not pop-up
Decent size - doesn't need to hold towels or bedding as they get taken straight to the machine

I have looked online at John Lewis, M and S, eBay, Amazon. Can't see anything.
Help!!!

SalmonMaki Tue 09-Feb-16 10:59:34

double lined one

grey felt

blue stripes

Filmstar01 Tue 09-Feb-16 11:03:46

Brabantia? Not sure they will fit your exacting criteria though!

Hippahippahey Tue 09-Feb-16 11:05:17

I've recently bought white wicker lined ones from wilko. I find wicker doesn't last but I like the look of them so I buy cheap and replace when needed.

anotherdayanothersquabble Tue 09-Feb-16 11:15:12

Grey Tchibo laundry basket.

It filled my criteria... Two sections, fabric so I coukd wash it if necessary (the divider is removable) and you can lift it off the wooden supports and carry it easily to the washing machine!! I love it.

The only design fault is that the frame collapses when you remove the bag but that could be easily remedied with a small support between the bars.

Flossyfloof Tue 09-Feb-16 11:25:34

Thanks will have another look. Current fave is JL stripey one which I had seen but not sure what kind if fabric it is.

Fabellini Tue 09-Feb-16 11:27:24

Next Home online have several that would seem to meet your criteria...haven't linked a specific one as there are a few and it's always nice to have a choice smile

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 09-Feb-16 12:04:18

This is mine.

It's seagrass. Delicious, apparently. My bun has nibbled all of the way around it and turned it into some kind of sculpture.

VulcanWoman Tue 09-Feb-16 12:08:32

I've had this one for years, I think it's a good un.

www.argos.co.uk/beta/static/Product/partNumber/8318471.htm

VulcanWoman Tue 09-Feb-16 12:10:03

Bun is so cute.

Buscake Tue 09-Feb-16 12:18:44

We have these from IKEA. They hold lots, easy to clean, and also easy to sort through for whites/delicates etc without having to chuck all the clothes out on the floor. I just bought the small version to put dirty tea towels/bibs etc in in the utility room.

itshappenedagain Tue 09-Feb-16 17:52:38

We have one like the stripy john lewis one ... But from matalan, it's fabric. £12 cheap in matalan so easy to replace I just give it a clean over with the steam mop once a month.

WhatKatyDidnt Tue 09-Feb-16 18:00:28

Zara home has some nice wicker ones: Comes in a few colours

Themodernuriahheep Tue 09-Feb-16 18:03:24

Try. asda.

Hihohoho1 Tue 09-Feb-16 18:06:36

Op can I ask if you are this picky over an ironing basket what was your wedding like? grin

dodobookends Tue 09-Feb-16 18:09:44

OP I'm looking for the same thing as you, white wicker/seagrass/rush/whatever rectangular with a hinged lid, and I'm having no luck either. It will sit on the landing and will be the first thing you see going upstairs, so I want a nice one. Been looking for weeks.

ratspeaker Tue 09-Feb-16 18:28:04

KingJoffrey aww that's classic house bunny. I miss our rabbit (sometimes).

Cant really help OP, I gave up on baskets. Our washing machine is in utility cupboard so if anyone wants something washed it goes in front of the machine in there. If it isn't in there I dont wash it.

molyholy Tue 09-Feb-16 18:34:38

Bench Style Laundry Box

molyholy Tue 09-Feb-16 18:35:42

I have had ^ that one for years

Olddear Tue 09-Feb-16 18:37:01

Mine's is a black plastic dustbin blush

threestars Tue 09-Feb-16 18:40:55

Mine looks like this

TiggeryBear Tue 09-Feb-16 19:00:29

I second the lined wicker ones from Wilko. My only criticism is it doesn't have handles so it's a nuisance to carry from upstairs - have to get OH to carry it as my arms aren't long enough (my excuse & I'm sticking with it!) & bump now gets in the way.

moomin11 Tue 09-Feb-16 21:05:16

I've got a Woodluv white wicker basket, they're on amazon

thugmansion Tue 09-Feb-16 21:42:46

Yep mines from wilko too

MsJamieFraser Tue 09-Feb-16 21:52:50

ours in similar to threestars, but from ikea and twice the size, I love it as the children use it for reading etc... I made a big cushion for it, and its also in a corner of our house so just looks like a reading corner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now