to shovel dog poo into my neighbour's garden?!

(39 Posts)
ParsnipSoup Mon 08-Feb-16 21:07:36

I was just parking the car after getting back from the supermarket and noticed a big dog in my front garden making faces at my cats through the window and then doing a massive poo on my doorstep...

Over the past few weeks I've found dog poo in my garden ever few days. I got out of the car as quickly as I could at 6 months pregnant and saw the man 3 houses up holding his front door open to let the dog in. It looks like rather than walking his dog he just lets them run down the road for a poo. Considering he has a large back garden that's not really good enough.

I rung his door bell twice and knocked but funnily enough no one answered. Would I be unfair to return the dog poo to his front garden?! Is there anything else I could do to stop this?

MelanieCheeks Mon 08-Feb-16 21:09:07

Making faces at your cats???

honeysucklejasmine Mon 08-Feb-16 21:09:26

YADNBU but it may not be wise.

Very annoying. Dog fouling is an offence usually isn't it?

BackInTheRealWorld Mon 08-Feb-16 21:09:58

What kind of faces was he making?

ParsnipSoup Mon 08-Feb-16 21:13:49

To be fair he was quite a cute looking dog and was sticking his tongue out at the cats, but no matter how cute he is, his poo isn't.

Dog fouling is an offence, but I imagine it's hard to prove. Maybe if I catch him again I'll take a picture?!

lunar1 Mon 08-Feb-16 21:15:55

I need pictures of the braces to be able to comment!

MadamDeathstare Mon 08-Feb-16 21:17:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

peggyundercrackers Mon 08-Feb-16 21:18:24

Take all the shit back to your neighbours house, put a bit of paper on top of it and set it on fire, knock on his doors shouting fire fire. When he comes out he will see fire and stamp on it to put it out thus covering him in his own dogs shit. He will stop letting his dog shit in your garden.

Salimali15 Mon 08-Feb-16 21:25:08

My neighbours' cats are always pooing all over my garden. I've contemplated throwing it back over the fence but DP has stopped me. I've resorted to a water pistol. Never understood why you would have a pet and let it roam the streets.

Iwonderif Mon 08-Feb-16 22:19:13

Elderly next door neighbours used to fling cat poo over our fence. Some almost hit me once whilst mowing the lawn......

RudeElf Mon 08-Feb-16 22:23:26

Put it on his front step. Right on the mat so when he steps on it tomorrow morning it gets squashed in and he has to bin his mat. Then keep doing it every time you find a poo until you stop fiinding them.

ridemesideways Mon 08-Feb-16 22:24:37

Report him to the dog warden.

ridemesideways Mon 08-Feb-16 22:26:45

"Under The Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996 it is an offence for any person in charge of a dog not to remove any faeces deposited by a dog in their charge. Anyone found guilty of an offence will be issued with a fixed penalty ticket (currently £50 fine). This gives the offenders the opportunity to dispose of the offence there and then. Should the fine not be paid, or offences be persistent the Council may prosecute with a maximum fine of £1000."

80sMum Mon 08-Feb-16 22:30:02

I'd be tempted to post through his letterbox! But wouldn't actually do it. I did used to chuck next door's dogs' poo over the hedge and into their garden though.

PegsPigs Mon 08-Feb-16 22:32:10

Do it. With a little flag with his house number on.

Wonder why he's just started doing it? Own back garden full? <boak>

TitClash Mon 08-Feb-16 22:35:18

Yes, YABU, there is a much better way to deal with it;

Find out if your local Environmental Health dept will DNA test it and his fucking dog.
Where I live he'd be facing a fine of over £1,000...for each offence.

www.gov.uk/control-dog-public/dog-fouling

ShamefulPlaceMarker Mon 08-Feb-16 22:36:07

Does the same go for cat poo?
I have a dog and he has never pood in someone elses garden and I always clean up after him if he does it on a walk.
But my neighbours cat poos every day in my garden. Can I give it back to her? Or should I take my dog round to poo in her garden?

honeysucklejasmine Mon 08-Feb-16 22:40:26

Cats are not designated in the same way as dogs... Can't remember exactly but something like dogs are considered domesticated and cats aren't, so cats aren't considered "controllable" in terms of roaming and pooing out and about.

ShamefulPlaceMarker Mon 08-Feb-16 22:46:12

Well that's unfair :/

MadamDeathstare Mon 08-Feb-16 22:49:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

whatwhatinthewhatnow Mon 08-Feb-16 22:49:27

You are being very restrained. I would post it back to him.

whatwhatinthewhatnow Mon 08-Feb-16 22:50:03

Through the letter box... not the postal service. Sod licking that envelope grin

What2 Mon 08-Feb-16 22:50:30

I'd drop a short polite note through his door.

Hi,
Just to let you know that I saw your dog pooing on my front lawn earlier this evening. I actually saw it pooing so there is no doubt that it was your dog. Please can you make sure it doesn't happen again .

Thanks

keep a copy and then see what happens. If he ignores it then you could contact the council for advice.

What2 Mon 08-Feb-16 22:51:53

BTW if you don't mind him knowing your address then you could add that you want the dogs mess cleared up ASAP

HarrietSchulenberg Mon 08-Feb-16 22:53:55

I vote for either Peggy's or RudeElf's courses of action.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now