Talk

Advanced search

dh and rugby

(12 Posts)
twiglet59 Sun 07-Feb-16 21:44:20

Dh works away during the week and usually travels back home. It's about a 3 hour drive, so a but of a trek. He's been doing this for about 18 months now. It has been ok, but lately I have found it pretty tough. The job has become a bit more pressured for him lately as he has to work to deadlines. (I work too) I call him most days, but it would be nice if he did sometimes. I go up to him at least once a month sometimes more or he comes home if he can. My moan us that I took dd with me this weekend along with her new boyfriend. I spent a lot of time on my own in the Saturday as he worked and I wanted dd to have nice time. Anyway when we got back in the evening he just wanted to sit and watch rugby. When I complained he said it is only on twice a year. I then went to bed as I did not want to get into a row when dd's boyfriend was there. Is this selfish or aimbu?

elephantoverthehill Sun 07-Feb-16 21:47:23

Sorry rugby rules over everything grin

19lottie82 Sun 07-Feb-16 21:49:37

Let the guy relax for 80 minutes. It's no big deal. Maybe the BF would like to watch it with him and do a bit of male bonding?

LordBrightside Sun 07-Feb-16 23:04:20

Why do you need to control his spare time?

AnyFucker Sun 07-Feb-16 23:06:04

not really seeing the problem here

he didn't fuck off to the pub and leave you sat in alone

if you wanted to go out, you could have

Wardrobespierre Sun 07-Feb-16 23:07:48

I see DH infrequently atm. He has been working away in the week. I don't begrudge him the rugby at all. I watched it with him in fact. Well, read my book and nodded off but I was there.

ilovesooty Sun 07-Feb-16 23:09:45

I don't see a problem with this either.

senua Sun 07-Feb-16 23:11:38

So he had to miss the live games and you want to deny him a catch-up programme?sad
YABU

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sun 07-Feb-16 23:14:25

It's rugby FFS. Watch it with him, you might enjoy it. there are men with big chests and thighs to die for

BackforGood Sun 07-Feb-16 23:16:31

Another who understands that the live International is important even though rugby isn't my sport.

Ameliablue Sun 07-Feb-16 23:17:56

It is the six nations Yabu

WeShouldOpenABar Sun 07-Feb-16 23:55:07

It bears repeating , it's the six nations yabu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now