Talk

Advanced search

to think that it's daft to post this on FB

(24 Posts)
SpeedingSnail Sat 06-Feb-16 09:28:09

A FB friend who has a son at the same school as DS has posted about the police being called to a party that her DS was at. What on earth do people post stuff like this on FB for? I'd be mortified if that happened to my DS and wouldn't be shouting it from the rooftops.

AlpacaMyThings Sat 06-Feb-16 09:30:45

Attention seeking.

What happened hun?
Sorry, Can't talk about it,
PM me, hun

repeat til lunchtime/next drama

CurlyhairedAssassin Sat 06-Feb-16 09:38:55

I don't get it? Don't see what's wrong with that, unless it was said in a boastful way and her son was the one causing the trouble (look how much of a rebel my son is).

I hardly look at Facebook anymore because I hate the way some people post but I fail to see the issue with posting about that. it's quite an unusual thing to happen at a party and if my sons were at a party that got out of hand enough to call the police I would be horrified enough to comment abou it on Facebook.

Unless the host parent was also a Facebook friend ad was upset by it all - then I'd be messaging them out of concern not using it as a piece of gossip.

SpeedingSnail Sat 06-Feb-16 09:56:35

I just think that FB isn't a place for that kind of thing, prospective employers check FB apparently and so I think it's inappropriate. Dirty laundry belongs in the washing machine and not on FB.

pictish Sat 06-Feb-16 09:59:52

Eh? What's the problem with that? That's not incriminating or overly personal in any way!

imwithspud Sat 06-Feb-16 10:05:00

Meh, it might not be what you would post on your profile but obviously said FB friend doesn't have a problem with it, maybe she's a bit more laid back about the things she chooses to share. Her Facebook, her choice. Regarding prospective employers checking Facebook, if you have your privacy settings set quite high, they won't be able to see status updates.

I can't abide FB Police, no one forces you to look. Just unfollow or unfriend people if you disagree with what they share.

WorraLiberty Sat 06-Feb-16 10:14:25

I don't understand this?

It wasn't his party the police were called to, so how does it look bad on him? confused

Also regarding prospective employers, are you assuming the person has left their settings open to public?

GloriaHotcakes Sat 06-Feb-16 10:15:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

theycallmemellojello Sat 06-Feb-16 10:16:19

I don't think that's a big deal...

Krampus Sat 06-Feb-16 10:17:02

I don't see what's wrong with that, it's an unusual event, unless shes boasting that he caused the problems. I wouldnt post something like that because I have aunts and uncles as friends on FB but thats how I use it, as a pleasant family catch up. If I only had my actual friends on it my posts would be very different.

Read up about privacy settings.

pictish Sat 06-Feb-16 10:36:11

Unless her profile is set to public, how would prospective employers see it? That is assuming she's job hunting in the first place. Is she job hunting? And is her profile public?
Otherwise, what are you on about?

pictish Sat 06-Feb-16 10:39:42

And even if she is job hunting and her profile is public...a teen party broken up by police is hardly an outlandish shocker is it? It wasn't even her kid's party!
What is your beef?

pictish Sat 06-Feb-16 10:41:08

And why would you be 'mortified'?

SpeedingSnail Sat 06-Feb-16 11:27:31

I wouldn't want people knowing that's all.

AlwaysHopeful1 Sat 06-Feb-16 11:33:52

You're being a bit silly. Why would prospective employers be looking at his mother's fb profile? Maybe just unfriend them if it's too much for you to handle.

escapedfrommordor Sat 06-Feb-16 11:38:37

Maybe her profile is private... Surely you can find something more enjoyable to do today rather besides clutching your pearls?

hefzi Sat 06-Feb-16 13:09:52

Dirty laundry belongs in the washing machine and not on FB

^^ Brilliant, OP!

JohnLuther Sat 06-Feb-16 13:12:03

There's nothing wrong with what she has posted.

harrasseddotcom Sat 06-Feb-16 13:27:22

Another one not understanding the problem.

Dirty laundry belongs in the washing machine and not on FB - I fucking hate this. People can put on fb what they want as long as its not illegal. Basically this harps back to the days when bad shit happened you kept it to yourself and said nowt. Which was great if you were Jimmy Saville or one of his cronies.

PaulAnkaTheDog Sat 06-Feb-16 14:01:14

Ffs. Yabu.

speedingsnail Sat 06-Feb-16 14:03:46

Exactly. Bad shit happens and I keep it to myself. There is a lot of bad shit in my life at times and in that of others that I know but we keep it to ourselves and don't put it in FB.

tobysmum77 Sat 06-Feb-16 14:10:29

A DS being at a party where the police are called its hardly 'bad shit' or something to be mortified about. Blimey that even happened to me in my youth ......

imwithspud Sat 06-Feb-16 14:10:41

How do you know your FB 'friend' doesn't have bad shit going on that she doesn't post on Facebook as well? I wouldn't call what you say she posted 'bad' as such, unless her son was the culprit and she was boasting about it in some way.

You're really clutching at straws here.

WorraLiberty Sat 06-Feb-16 14:16:10

Police being called to a party was par for the course when I was a teenager grin

It's not exactly 'bad shit', unless her DC got arrested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now