Talk

Advanced search

To want a hug?

(8 Posts)
Teaandcakeat8 Sat 06-Feb-16 08:08:20

Name changed so I don't out myself.

Long story short I'm having a terrible week.

I split up with my ex DP a few weeks ago and just found out he is dating another colleague (we all work together in a relatively small office). Neither of them will speak to me. I had to move out of the house we shared and am in the process of buying my own, but this week they told me there is a 3 week delay whilst they wait for information so I have to carry on living in my temporary houseshare.

I was looking forward to going home for the weekend to see my parents as I'm feeling awful. As I was driving out of work my car broke down (only 15 months old - was due at the garage on Monday to investigate a fault) and I ended up spending Friday night sitting in the freezing cold dark lane on my own waiting for the AA.

I finally arrived at my parents house around 11 o clock, when I got in my mum announced she was going to bed, slammed the door and walked out. My Dad also went to sleep shortly after.

AIBU to expect even a small amount of sympathy? All I really wanted was a hug!

Teaandcakeat8 Sat 06-Feb-16 08:08:55

Ok name change fail!

iPaid Sat 06-Feb-16 08:10:53

YANBU. Have a hug from me instead smile

Roussette Sat 06-Feb-16 08:16:44

You poor thing! It never rains but it pours. Just think that all the bad luck has happened at once and from now on in, it's going to get better. I do hope so. flowers

ThisWasCrownjewel Sat 06-Feb-16 08:16:57

Have a hug from me too - sounds like all your bad luck's come in one go... 💐☕️🍰

acasualobserver Sat 06-Feb-16 08:57:36

I think your mum could've tried a bit harder. You need a bit of looking after!

Sighing Sat 06-Feb-16 09:49:46

Aw. Hugs and cake and brew. I'd get yourself out to a coffee shop / somewhere nice for lunch and give yourself all the nice treatment!

Chillyegg Sat 06-Feb-16 09:54:48

Here's a hug from me!

But just think, soon you will have your own lovely house a nice fixed car and you don't have to speak to your ex and the silly moo he's shagging to get one over you!.
I appreciate it's hard though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: