To want a hug?

(8 Posts)
Teaandcakeat8 Sat 06-Feb-16 08:08:20

Name changed so I don't out myself.

Long story short I'm having a terrible week.

I split up with my ex DP a few weeks ago and just found out he is dating another colleague (we all work together in a relatively small office). Neither of them will speak to me. I had to move out of the house we shared and am in the process of buying my own, but this week they told me there is a 3 week delay whilst they wait for information so I have to carry on living in my temporary houseshare.

I was looking forward to going home for the weekend to see my parents as I'm feeling awful. As I was driving out of work my car broke down (only 15 months old - was due at the garage on Monday to investigate a fault) and I ended up spending Friday night sitting in the freezing cold dark lane on my own waiting for the AA.

I finally arrived at my parents house around 11 o clock, when I got in my mum announced she was going to bed, slammed the door and walked out. My Dad also went to sleep shortly after.

AIBU to expect even a small amount of sympathy? All I really wanted was a hug!

Teaandcakeat8 Sat 06-Feb-16 08:08:55

Ok name change fail!

iPaid Sat 06-Feb-16 08:10:53

YANBU. Have a hug from me instead smile

Roussette Sat 06-Feb-16 08:16:44

You poor thing! It never rains but it pours. Just think that all the bad luck has happened at once and from now on in, it's going to get better. I do hope so. flowers

ThisWasCrownjewel Sat 06-Feb-16 08:16:57

Have a hug from me too - sounds like all your bad luck's come in one go... 💐☕️🍰

acasualobserver Sat 06-Feb-16 08:57:36

I think your mum could've tried a bit harder. You need a bit of looking after!

Sighing Sat 06-Feb-16 09:49:46

Aw. Hugs and cake and brew. I'd get yourself out to a coffee shop / somewhere nice for lunch and give yourself all the nice treatment!

Chillyegg Sat 06-Feb-16 09:54:48

Here's a hug from me!

But just think, soon you will have your own lovely house a nice fixed car and you don't have to speak to your ex and the silly moo he's shagging to get one over you!.
I appreciate it's hard though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now