Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that a childminder should actually like children and not spend the whole time bitching about her charges parents?

(6 Posts)
Pissedoffpenelope Sat 06-Feb-16 01:22:21

There's a cm who comes to my toddler group with a little boy that she minds. She is extremely nosey, always gossiping and asking invasive questions. She is also two faced (talking behind people's backs) and she makes thinly veiled racist comments.

She doesn't seem to like children very much. I've seen her being very harsh verbally with the little boy a few times when he wasn't doing anything other than being a child. He is actually extremely well behaved and a lovely little boy. Last week, I asked her why she was being so cross with him, he is so good, and her reply was 'It's just as well he is good because I wouldn't be able to stand him otherwise' hmm

Not only that, but she is constantly bitching about the boy's parents. She moans about their parenting style, the clothes they dress the boy in, the food they feed him and on and on. I get that there might be personality clashes but god, it's so unprofessional of her, it makes me cringe when I hear her bitching. I'm fairly certain that if the parents knew how she treats their child and how she badmouths them then they would find another cm. I would love to find out who they are and tell them but the cm isn't local and I only know her first name so no hope of finding out.

It makes me sad to think that the parents are trusting her to provide a loving nurturing environment for their boy and the reality couldn't be further from the truth sad

BillSykesDog Sat 06-Feb-16 01:25:19

You could report her to the council, she will be registered with them. They will be interested in the racist remarks in particular because I know they are normally hot on equality and diversity.

BillSykesDog Sat 06-Feb-16 01:27:01

I reckon if you reported them to the council her first name and that of the little boy would be enough. How old is he? shitting myself it's my little boy

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Feb-16 01:36:44

Agree with Bill, you have to tell someone because that poor little lad is at her mercy isn't he.

His parents are sending him off trusting her to look after him when in reality she's someone they'd never let within a mile of him.

Good on you pulling her up on it though <waits for someone to come along saying it's none of your business>

Pissedoffpenelope Sat 06-Feb-16 01:37:18

The boy is 3. I am not in the UK and unfortunately, childminding regulations are a lot less strict here sad So childminders don't have to register with the authorities unless they have over a certain amount of children that they look after.

What gets me is that she must put on a good act with the parents. So she must know that she is a cow if she knows well enough to cover it up in front of certain people confused Why go into childminding if it's not something you enjoy? It's a tough job and it's not as if it's extremely well payed.

BillSykesDog Sat 06-Feb-16 01:59:07

Can you ask about, see if anybody knows any more? The toddler group organiser maybe? Someone who's added her on Facebook? Or could you come up with an excuse to get her Facebook so you have her full name? An event to invite her to maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now