To think Helen in The Archers...

(11 Posts)
rageagainsttheBIL Fri 05-Feb-16 13:33:36

deserves this?

www.justgiving.com/helentitchener/

Utterly genius fundraising effort by one person, for Refuge.

WatermelonSugar Fri 05-Feb-16 13:54:37

Great idea! It's such a grim storyline to listen to, it's good to be able to do a little bit to help people like Helen.

And then once she's free we can all go back to finding her incredibly annoying

MrsHathaway Fri 05-Feb-16 13:56:00

I've seen it shared on MN and FB and I think it's great.

I've also watched the target go up and up as they keep smashing it!

Refuge is a pet charity in the Hathaway household so the exposure and funds are making me happy. I'm waiting for it to be widely reported nationally (and internationally, here's hoping).

rageagainsttheBIL Fri 05-Feb-16 15:20:30

It's already been in the Guardian MrsHathaway :

www.theguardian.com/media/2016/feb/04/justgiving-page-archers-helen-raises-thousands-domestic-violence-charity

MrsHathaway Fri 05-Feb-16 15:29:16

Ooh thanks for that!

Tallyballyhoo Fri 05-Feb-16 21:13:16

Thanks hadn't spotted this it is a brilliant idea and it's such a compelling storyline- his voice makes my toes curl in horror.

Gruach Fri 05-Feb-16 21:17:52

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/radio_addicts/2563766-Helen-is-drowning-in-the-Cow-Pat-of-Destiny-Please-SWs-when-will-it-be-curtains-for-Rob?msgid=59081274

Here's the Archers thread.

LightDrizzle Fri 05-Feb-16 21:23:34

Thank you for sharing. I've just donated.

I'm obviously one massive cynical bugger, as my first thought was.... "but how do you know what you're donating will actually end up with the charity?"

I'm not sure why you'd think of setting up a just giving rather than donating and promoting the link so others could donate directly to the charity?

I'm being a proper scrooge, aren't I?

escapedfrommordor Fri 05-Feb-16 21:48:59

I wish I hadn't stopped listening to the Archers. I've totally lost the storyline now. I thought Rob used to be alright or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong person. It's been ages and ages. Sounds like a fab fundraising idea though.

rageagainsttheBIL Fri 05-Feb-16 21:51:51

giant Refuge has been quoted in the Guardian article and I think just giving website links directly to major charities so I'm pretty sure it's legit!

I think the whole success of this is setting up a page as if it is for Helen, it's made it have more of an impact / reach tipping point. You big Scrooge ;)

Now made over £27K!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now