Talk

Advanced search

To think M&S Sparks Card is a bit shit

(22 Posts)
cleaty Thu 04-Feb-16 15:35:10

I signed up for this and was really pleased as I got free Percy Pigs as my first offer. But since then all the offers are money off things I have no intention of buying anyway. It seems more a way of trying to sell things to you, than a real reward scheme.

Gatehouse77 Thu 04-Feb-16 15:38:11

Yep, agree. Plus I mostly forget about it!

Marbleslostthem Thu 04-Feb-16 15:40:26

I don't even get offers...how do you get them? email?

scarlets Thu 04-Feb-16 15:41:09

I've found the same. The deals aren't appealing and I forget about them. A couple of quid off the bill if you spend above a certain sum, would be so much more welcome.

AlwaysHopeful1 Thu 04-Feb-16 15:42:03

Yanbu the offers are on the most random things. Totally pointless.

cleaty Thu 04-Feb-16 15:42:44

You have to log in online to see your " specially selected offers".

iPaid Thu 04-Feb-16 15:44:12

YANBU

They're getting rid of their buy-9-coffees-get-1-free cards. You have to use your Sparks card when paying for your coffee and you'll get ... erm they don't know confused

TheBitterBoy Thu 04-Feb-16 15:46:15

I agree, I picked one up a couple of months age, went online to have a look before I registered it, couldn't work out what the benefits of having one were, so I binned it.

TheBitterBoy Thu 04-Feb-16 15:47:35

I think they are trying to emulate the John Lewis / Waitrose 'pick your offers' type thing, but have missed the fact that most of us signed up for those for the free coffee and cake...

bruffin Thu 04-Feb-16 15:48:43

They have got the sparks card very wrong. First discount i got was on mens clothing so dh bought a coat, but you have limited time to use the offer. Since then its been rubbish and most of the time when i look there are no discounts.

Foxyloxy1plus1 Thu 04-Feb-16 15:57:08

Nothing that I would buy, so no point really. M&S are pretty poor all round. Even the food is ridiculously expensive.

cleaty Thu 04-Feb-16 15:59:45

I like the food and buy a lot of food from there. If they gave me discounts on food, it would work. But not the stupid things I do get discounts on.

PennyHasNoSurname Thu 04-Feb-16 16:04:56

Why cant they just do the tried and tested "earn points" system?

Optimist1 Thu 04-Feb-16 16:12:49

And according to my DM (queen of the loyalty schemes) it can't be used if you don't have internet access??

cardoon Thu 04-Feb-16 16:13:13

I only seem to get offers on food confused

Peppaspants Thu 04-Feb-16 16:18:59

It's crap. The whole idea of a protracted login to see some pretty poor offers doesn't work-when I get the emails now I just delete them, they aren't worth the effort. Plus, having hundreds of cards in my purse annoys me, I only keep the decent ones, like free cake at JL as previously mentioned.

slebmum1 Thu 04-Feb-16 16:29:04

Ha ha - I had a thread pretty much with the same name a few weeks ago. Lots of people agree - it is white. I do t want 50p off eggs (allergic) or 20% off long nighties thanks.

I have a gift voucher left over from Christmas that I actually can't spend - went in there again to try and find something half decent to wear but nope, nothing.angry

slebmum1 Thu 04-Feb-16 16:30:28

That's right about the Internet access. My mil who spends about the gdp of a small country every year in food has been on to customer services and there's no way round it.

cleaty Thu 04-Feb-16 18:06:51

Given the average age of shoppers in M&S, it makes no sense to only do this through the internet.

StealthPolarBear Thu 04-Feb-16 18:08:38

Yes I was really impressed to begin with, think I got 20% off food, bought loads foe a meal on new years eve. Since then I've had 10% off knitwear or 20% off sushi. I like sushi, but realistically the money off is negligable

MintyBojingles Thu 04-Feb-16 18:09:12

YANBU. Had a look on the info and couldn't be bothered to sign up.

peekaboo1 Thu 04-Feb-16 18:13:04

They continue to completely misunderstand what resonates with their customer base. Perfect example: they're hiring Alexa Chung to revitalise the brand.

I barely know who she is and I can guarantee my mum has no idea. The thing I do know is that she is the size of half of one of my thighs.

And the Sparks offers are rubbish. I didn't ever even get free Percy pigs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now