Talk

Advanced search

To ask you if AIBU threads normally get posted to MN Facebook?

(11 Posts)
CiritheLionessofCintra Thu 04-Feb-16 11:55:20

Just that really. After seeing another thread from here get posted I'm worried about posting as some of my posts can have identifying information. If this is so is there anyway to request the thread not get added to Facebook?smile

AlpacaLypse Thu 04-Feb-16 11:57:39

I didn't know about this... OP you might do better to post in Site Stuff. HQ always look at everything there. Or report this thread yourself.

ZiggyFartdust Thu 04-Feb-16 11:58:33

A few do. Not many. But you know MN is completely open for anyone to see? Anyone who sees it on the MN fb page would only have liked the MN FB because they were on MN already, wouldn't you think?
So what difference does it make it if it is on FB or not?

WaitrosePigeon Thu 04-Feb-16 11:58:39

Mine did once .. Was very identifying. MN deleted it thankfully.

WorraLiberty Thu 04-Feb-16 12:00:26

If you're worried about posting identifying information on the internet, then you really shouldn't do it.

Or if you do, make sure you name change.

As Ziggy said, MN is a completely public forum anyway.

Shutthatdoor Thu 04-Feb-16 12:02:55

This whole site is 'open'. I agree with Worral.

If you are worried about being identified then the info is here anyway whether it is on FB or not.

CiritheLionessofCintra Thu 04-Feb-16 12:03:37

Worra, Ziggy, I know it seems silly. I suppose it's the fact that I could never like MN on my Facebook in real life incase my threads were shown and the majority who I know are on Facebook activity but have no interest in sites like MN or haven't really heard of them so it doesn't worry me when MN itself is concerned.

Arfarfanarf Thu 04-Feb-16 12:03:49

Not every one. There are thousands. But if they get a lot of posts or are funny, or topical, or thought-provoking or look like they would get lots of clicks (mn is a business after all)

If it's sensitive I'd suggest putting it somewhere other than AIBU. Perhaps also namechanging so that it is not linked with anything else you've posted.

But it's always good to remember that mn is totally public and gets millions of hits and for every reply you get on a thread, you can bet a couple of hundred people read and didn't post. So never ever say anything identifying that you aren't happy to be identified by. erm. iyswim. grin

ZiggyFartdust Thu 04-Feb-16 12:04:24

Then just don't like mn on fb. Problem solved.

WorraLiberty Thu 04-Feb-16 12:06:24

I've not clicked 'like' on Facebook MN either.

I just pop it in the search if I want to read it.

CiritheLionessofCintra Thu 04-Feb-16 12:23:19

Name changing and not liking sounds like a good start. Thank you for indulging my paranoia though. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now