Talk

Advanced search

To think, Well that serves me right for being smug

(61 Posts)
dodgeballqueen Wed 03-Feb-16 19:19:47

I got my winter energy bill to day which was about £120 less than last year. I thought this was largely down to my £30 heated throw purchase from aldi meaning I haven't been putting the heating on in the day when the kids are at school (I work from home). I've just moved said throw (still plugged in) and something went 'pop' with a blue flash near the heater control, and now it won't turn on.

I'm going to be cold 'at work' tomorrow sad

RatherBeRiding Wed 03-Feb-16 19:25:40

Hot water bottles, thick fluffy socks, duvet. wink

Littlef00t Wed 03-Feb-16 19:32:23

Any chance you bought it less than a year ago and can get a refund?

ImperialBlether Wed 03-Feb-16 19:34:39

I bought one on Amazon - this one - and it's absolutely great.

dodgeballqueen Wed 03-Feb-16 19:37:34

I only bought a few months ago, but if I have the receipt finding it is going to be no easy task.

Duvet. Yes (sob). Thick socks, yes (sob sob). I used to like wrapping the heated throw round me sarong style though and having a lovely heated bottom.

I don't mean to sound lah-di-dah, but once you've gone heated throw, u don't think you can go back?

HoneyDragon Wed 03-Feb-16 19:39:24

My lidl had some in last week

<goes to check own Aldi heated throw is feeling ok>

LilacSpunkMonkey Wed 03-Feb-16 19:41:31

Heated throw?

Sweet Jesus, I need to get me some of that action!

Might have a mooch on Amazon in a bit.

My condolences for your loss, OP.

Junosmum Wed 03-Feb-16 19:43:46

New fuse?

eatscakefornoreasonwhatsoever Wed 03-Feb-16 19:47:13

doesn't matter whether you have receipt or not. If item broke then you are within rights to demand refund/replacement.

dodgeballqueen Wed 03-Feb-16 19:48:46

New fuse could be the key. However, the plug doesn't have screws in it, and the heater control bit has things which <look> like they'd be unscrew-able with an Allen key but in fact aren't confused

dodgeballqueen Wed 03-Feb-16 19:49:58

Do you think it's worth marching it back into Aldi then eatscake and dumping it onto their conveyor belt?

BreakfastAtStephanies Wed 03-Feb-16 19:52:51

My DD got one from Dunelm.

The cat likes to sleep on it, plugged or unplugged.

( gives a hard stare to pampered pet )

( pampered pet stares back )

dodgeballqueen Wed 03-Feb-16 19:52:54

Big sticker on the back of heater control saying three years warranty! Will definitely look for receipt tomorrow, but not hopeful.

dodgeballqueen Wed 03-Feb-16 19:55:35

A pampered cat is EXACTLY how I feel when I have it wrapped around me sarong style Breakfast! A big fat pampered cat, lounging around like Lady Muck.

Sob!

dodgeballqueen Wed 03-Feb-16 19:58:28

Ooh! There's a date code on the 'three years warranty' sticker too saying 10/15. Together with a massive tag confirming its on from Aldi.

<rolls sleeves up ready for an Aldi fight>

SnowBallsAreHere Wed 03-Feb-16 20:00:05

You won't need a fight. Aldi are very good at honouring their 3 year warranty in everything.

dodgeballqueen Wed 03-Feb-16 20:02:02

Are they really? Even without a receipt???

<hopeful>

SnowBallsAreHere Wed 03-Feb-16 20:03:49

Do you have a bank statement showing when you shopped in Aldi?

ImperialBlether Wed 03-Feb-16 20:07:20

I don't think you're meant to sit on it, though, OP! Please tell us (or Aldi, anyway!) that you're not!

Dreamqueen Wed 03-Feb-16 20:08:02

I'd take it back. As previously said Aldi customer service is very good & they are happy to exchange faulty goods. Maybe not say that you've had it wrapped around you rather than thrown over you on the sofa.

Seeyounearertime Wed 03-Feb-16 20:09:27

wait a minute? a "Heated Throw"? as in a warm throw with electric gubbins that produce heat?

What sorcery is this? why has no one informed me? Sounds like the devils work. grin

dodgeballqueen Wed 03-Feb-16 20:10:16

Mmmm, good point. It does say 'throw' not 'sarong'. I wasn't sitting on the control bit though. Or cavorting around on a Thailand beach in it.

dodgeballqueen Wed 03-Feb-16 20:12:25

Loads of statements saying I shop in Aldi. I'm pretty much putting the CEOs kids through university.

dodgeballqueen Wed 03-Feb-16 20:14:36

Hang on though - isn't a 'throw' something you 'throw' on a sofa and then sit on??

This is all going to end up like the Jaffa cakes - biscuit or cake - court case isn't it.

AppleSetsSail Wed 03-Feb-16 20:15:34

HEATED THROW?

I am off to buy one now <scurry>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now