Talk

Advanced search

To think its none of your fucking business Dawson!

(193 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

RudeElf Wed 03-Feb-16 10:52:37

Dawson's creek has to be one of the most frustrating shows ever. I have watched it end to end around 8 times. (Currently watching again) and each time if get more and more pissed off with this whole idea that Dawson has some sort of claim over Joey's virginity! All the fretting and hand wringing over whether she had sex with pacey and then her lying when she did and Gretchen telling her she has to go and tell him the truth. BOLLOCKS. She has to tell no-one. Her sex life was never Dawson's business (except that one time way later in university when they had sex with each other) he has no right to know any of it. I hate that whole storyline and the several years of pandering to the notion he had!

MuttonDressedAsMutton Wed 03-Feb-16 10:54:33

Right. So it's old, non-relevant, frustrating and full of bollocks storylines? Way to go you for watching it eleventy million times then.

biscuit

WorraLiberty Wed 03-Feb-16 10:55:17

I've never seen it so I have no clue what you're talking about.

I'm curious though as to why you'd watch something 8 times, end to end if it winds you up so much?

RudeElf Wed 03-Feb-16 10:55:21

Oh away and jump, you! Its a lighthearted rant.

RudeElf Wed 03-Feb-16 10:56:09

I watch loads of things over and over. I just like to. There are parts of it i love.

WorraLiberty Wed 03-Feb-16 10:57:45

Do you enjoy the misery? grin

RudeElf Wed 03-Feb-16 10:58:28

I clearly do. I think i've adopted myself into the show as a sideline character grin

AppleSetsSail Wed 03-Feb-16 10:59:28

'The Affair' has reactivated my Pacey love. YANBU.

comedycentral Wed 03-Feb-16 11:00:16

Rant away, there are loads of ranty threads about Friends.

I used to love the film 'Never been kissed', I was young at the time! Watched it recently and I was like 'This is fucked up! He's a teacher, he thinks she's a student!' Plus her brother has a school girl girlfriend then he becomes a coach! I know it's fiction BTW before anyone points it out.

jay55 Wed 03-Feb-16 11:00:20

Everyone pandered to Dawson and his five head. Pacey was always the sexy one.

Still none of that shit was as bad as the affair with the teacher.

RudeElf Wed 03-Feb-16 11:01:59

The Affair' has reactivated my Pacey love. YANBU.

Ooh! Whats this? A series?

AppleSetsSail Wed 03-Feb-16 11:02:42

Yes, Rude, it's on Sky/Now TV. Get yourself over there now, stop with the Dawson's Creek.

RudeElf Wed 03-Feb-16 11:03:21

Still none of that shit was as bad as the affair with the teacher

Even as a 12Yo first time watcher that creeped me out! He was 15!

ForeverLivingMyArse Wed 03-Feb-16 11:03:31

Oh god no, not Dawson's keek.

Even as an angsty teenager with big friendship group with lots of angst and moody relationships, Dawson's keek was too handwringingly terrible!

Hygge Wed 03-Feb-16 11:03:31

Well it makes a change from the "we hate Ross from Friends" threads, so why not?

It's been years since I watched an episode of Dawson's Creek.

From what I remember, Dawson looked as though he had his face bolted on at Halfords. Pacey was gorgeous, the whole town probably wanted to lose their virginity to him.

You are right OP, Joey's sex life was never his business, just because he lived next door and fancied her, it didn't mean he had a claim on her.

Reminds me of those stories in recent years where girls have been injured or killed by boys they turned down for dates, and the horrific acceptance of this by their fellow students because "she should have just gone on the date."

RudeElf Wed 03-Feb-16 11:04:09

Thanks apple i have sky as of last week so i can watch this! Yay!

RudeElf Wed 03-Feb-16 11:05:15

Dawson looked as though he had his face bolted on at Halfords

grin grin grin

AppleSetsSail Wed 03-Feb-16 11:06:27

Well it makes a change from the "we hate Ross from Friends" threads, so why not?

I hate Ross from Friends.

RudeElf Wed 03-Feb-16 11:06:53

Reminds me of those stories in recent years where girls have been injured or killed by boys they turned down for dates, and the horrific acceptance of this by their fellow students because "she should have just gone on the date."

Yes! Its so dangerous. I was watching last night thinking "this is fucking insane, he is controlling her even years after they dated!"

HappyHeart87 Wed 03-Feb-16 11:07:22

Why do we hate Ross from Friends?

Theodolia Wed 03-Feb-16 11:09:42

Pacey buying Joey a wall ~swoon~

Everyone in that town was only ever supposed to give a shit about Dawson and his feelings- the rich white straight guy! Was so glad when Joey and Pacey got together!

RudeElf Wed 03-Feb-16 11:10:52

I think i only watch it to get the satisfaction of the last episode when pacey and joey are together forever!

Sleepybeanbump Wed 03-Feb-16 11:11:15

Oooooooh. I have the box set downstairs! Thanks for reminding me. That's a significant amount of my mat leave covered grin

I love it, but last time I started rewatching I was blown away by how utterly terrible it is!!

RudeElf Wed 03-Feb-16 11:12:34

Another very frustrating episode- when dawson entered the boat race (with zero boat experience) to "win" over pacey and even after cheating to "win" was still furios that joey didnt fall into his arms. Idiot. Bratty whingey idiot.

RudeElf Wed 03-Feb-16 11:13:28

That's a significant amount of my mat leave covered

I'm off work with a broken foot so have a lot of time on my hands. And sadly no cute babies to cuddle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now