Talk

Advanced search

to think Kevin Simm (ex Liberty X) could win The Voice?

(57 Posts)
TheSnowFairy Mon 01-Feb-16 22:51:40

Wow. Just wow.

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DI7yt0lJopHE&ved=0ahUKEwiqotKY09fKAhUEOxQKHW9RCuYQtwIILDAE&usg=AFQjCNFgHQ6sS8SZNcOjdhpbK2bcD2xRiA&sig2=moqigzTFVoPs_EIV2RDzlw

SpecialLittleLady Mon 01-Feb-16 23:06:23

He will win 100%

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 01-Feb-16 23:21:40

I said the same thing to DS as we watched it the other day. I recognised him as soon as he came on but DS had never heard of Liberty X, which is probably just as well! He'll definitely do really well.

LineyReborn Mon 01-Feb-16 23:23:36

We liked him. A lot.

I barely remembered him and the DCs didn't know of him but thought he was really good.

Sparklingbrook Mon 01-Feb-16 23:28:39

I hope he does. Some of the others that got through are terrible.

Arfarfanarf Mon 01-Feb-16 23:28:46

Bloody hell.
I had no idea he could actually sing.
Wasted in that pop group!

wowfudge Mon 01-Feb-16 23:41:00

He has an amazing voice and stage presence, etc. I just didn't understand why he chose Paloma. Unless he really wants to break the US with a duet with her.

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Mon 01-Feb-16 23:41:18

He has given the best performance on the series do far. But, once the judges get started on them that's when it'll go tits up,

Are any Voice winners successful though? I don't think he should be on the xfactor but equally I think a voice like that will be wasted on, well, the Voice...

IPityThePontipines Mon 01-Feb-16 23:46:37

I'm very pleased he's having another crack at it, he's got a great voice and I hope things go well for him.

YellowTulips Mon 01-Feb-16 23:50:01

Wow - well he kept that talent under wraps in Liberty X didn't he

redgoat Mon 01-Feb-16 23:52:20

I thought he was brilliant but I was disappointed he chose Paloma. I thought Will would be a better choice. Paloma was so rude to George.

MaisyMooMoo Tue 02-Feb-16 00:09:33

How pissed off did Boy George look at the end. He was throwing daggers at Paloma. Oooh, he's gonna play dirty.

AutumnLeavesArePretty Tue 02-Feb-16 07:50:54

He was great and I hope a record label picks him up. I liked Paloma up until this last show but I thought she was rude to George and openly so. Now cheering for George all the way grin

MackerelOfFact Tue 02-Feb-16 07:58:15

I caught about 10 mins of this on Saturday and agree he was great. I recognised him immediately. Liberty X originally came out of one of these shows didn't they? They were the runners up on Popstars I think? And Hearsay were the winners. So he has come in the top 10 of one of these competitions before so I guess he always probably did have a decent voice.

Did NOT recognise Boy George though! He looks about 20 years younger and eight stone lighter than the last time I saw him on anything.

badtime Tue 02-Feb-16 08:00:59

But remember how nasty people were about Cleo Higgins being on the voice after already having had a music career? They don't judge people on their voice alone.

(Incidentally, that guy can sing, but he should knock off the mid-Atlantic accent and the mumbling.)

FarrowandBallAche Tue 02-Feb-16 08:08:00

I missed it on Saturday.
Gave me goosebumps just then. I remember him from Liberty X.
I hope he wins. He deserves to.

Nabootique Tue 02-Feb-16 10:08:56

His talent was definitely hidden in Liberty X. Thought he was wonderful on Saturday. I missed Paloma being rude though, I think? What did she say to George? I've been loving both of them.

kelda Tue 02-Feb-16 10:14:36

Liberty X always were better then Hearsay. It was almost as if they deliberately kept the best five back to make a second group. That was in back the days when I watched reality TV.

Shocked by Paloma's rude behaviour - she started snoring on the desk when Boy George was speaking. BG isn't going to forget that one. It's a shame, I had always assumed she was one of the nicer celebrities.

Nabootique Tue 02-Feb-16 10:18:10

Oh, I'm disappointed in her! I expect I will still enjoy watching her though. Boy George is great. Barely notice Tom Jones isn't there.

FarrowandBallAche Tue 02-Feb-16 10:36:27

Well she won't snore again when someone is doing their pitch! Boy George put her in his place.

And yes agree Liberty X were the better group. They had quite a few good hits if I remember correctly.

TheSnowFairy Tue 02-Feb-16 17:43:19

Goosebumps here too.

LineyReborn Tue 02-Feb-16 17:53:07

I always liked Paloma Faith on Buzzcocks but what's with the personality transplant on this? It's like she's had her best brain cells removed.

Whathaveilost Tue 02-Feb-16 17:56:52

I saw Kevin Simmons in Panto at Christmas. He was brilliant. He has a laugh about his former celebrity and didn't take himself seriously.
Loved him!

rosebiggs Tue 02-Feb-16 17:56:54

He was fantastic. I agree that Liberty X were miles better than Hearsay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now