Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off with pissing workmen

(13 Posts)
TopHat33 Mon 01-Feb-16 20:33:27

I live in a rented flat - one of three owned by the same landlady. She phoned me last Wednesday to say she was coming round with workmen to look at the front flat and may need access to garden (only through mine) - would be there in 10 mins. I was working from home so in and said yes, fine. Came with two workmen, there five minutes, one of the workmen said on the way out 'maybe Monday' (I don't speak their language so this is all I heard.)

Text from LL yesterday at 8pm - as per our discussion last week, workmen start work in front flat tomorrow and need access to garden. I've told them to leave your flat clean and tidy, let me know if they do otherwise. I said fine (although this had not been discussed and I would be out at work so she was giving them access). I put bleach down the loo and both toilet seat and cover down before I left this morning. I come back to find loo seat up and a loo full of unflushed piss. I get people need to use the loo - but why not use loo in flat you're working in and why not leave it as you found it. AIBU?

goodnightdarthvader1 Mon 01-Feb-16 20:35:56

Ewwww.

StealthPolarBear Mon 01-Feb-16 20:39:48

If they need access to the garden why can't they go through the flat they're working in

TattieHowkerz Mon 01-Feb-16 20:45:44

You are being very unfair. They are busy fixing your house. They don't have time to worry about this stuff.

Only kidding.

TopHat33 Tue 02-Feb-16 20:29:27

Acess to the garden is only though my flat. Same happened today.

acasualobserver Tue 02-Feb-16 20:38:46

They have not left your flat "clean and tidy" - let your landlady know as she requested.

FrasierCranium Tue 02-Feb-16 21:23:37

I sympathise, OP.

When we moved into our house last year, we had various people coming and going eg Virgin Media, SSE, decorators, carpet fitters etc. Without fail, every single time one came, they would ask to use the bathroom, and would absolutely stink the house out. I mean, it was awful. Utterly disgusting. The Virgin Media man was the worst. I was 9 months pregnant and could smell it in my bed upstairs (he used the downstairs loo). I was so utterly sickened and raging that my DH had to stop me phoning and complaining!!!

Honestly can't believe to this day that people would do that in someone else's house!! And not even be embarrassed!! My poor DH was beginning to take it personally!!

BobandKate0 Tue 02-Feb-16 21:30:28

You're lucky they used the loo,last time at my workplace i had lots of them using the car park wall and the small kitchen sink and smoking everywhere.

roachslayer Tue 02-Feb-16 21:46:28

fraiser what would you have liked them to, yno, do? I assume they didn't shit in a saucepan and let it simmer?

TopHat33 Tue 02-Feb-16 23:36:26

Muddy footprints on mug bathroom floor too. Yes, of course I get that people need to go but work isn't even on my flat FFs. Piss in the flat you're doing work on.

TopHat33 Tue 02-Feb-16 23:38:46

What do I say acasual? Just 'they pissed in my bathroom?' not sure I can be that direct. I dunno.

ValiantMouse Tue 02-Feb-16 23:50:52

Just say they're using a bathroom and not flushing. Also say that they've tracked mud through your flat.

HelenaDove Wed 03-Feb-16 00:07:13

I see the usual lack of respect is being shown to people who rent.

OP im not saying they would do this but its very unlikely your contents insurance would cover it if something went missing or was damaged by them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now