To want to kick the shit out of the oven.

(12 Posts)
PollyPocket100 Mon 01-Feb-16 17:24:06

25+1 weeks pregnant. Just been made redundant and landlord wants the property back, need to be out by the end of March.

Cherry on the cake. The oven has just packed up. I've had to leave the kitchen because I'd really, REALLY love to kick the oven to pieces. I'd happily smash the whole kitchen up to be honest.

Massive over reaction I know but I don't think I've ever been this angry.

FarrowandBallAche Mon 01-Feb-16 17:27:08

cake brew

Don't kick the oven in although I can understand why you'd want to.

Sorry things are so bad. Do you have any support?

Twitterqueen Mon 01-Feb-16 17:28:16

don't want to read and run, but no, YANBU

No advice I'm afraid. But yeah - things are obviously pretty shitty for you. I hope you have some support in RL? friends and/or family?

Try kicking the shit of a pillow or cushion. You don't want to hurt yourself or the baby.

PollyPocket100 Mon 01-Feb-16 17:31:17

Partner is having to be very supportive, particularly financially which I hate. Horribly ungrateful I know but I left home at 16 and haven't had to ask anyone for a single penny since. In terms of housing we're in a really shitty situation as DP earns a good wage but is self employed which seems to make us pretty undesirable as tenants.

AlpacaMyThings Mon 01-Feb-16 17:31:30

Every cloud has a silver lining. Sit down and chill with your bump whilst choosing which takeout to have with a non alcoholic wine

PollyPocket100 Mon 01-Feb-16 17:32:31

Non alcoholic wine sounds bloody lovely actually!

Quoteunquote Mon 01-Feb-16 17:34:09

which seems to make us pretty undesirable as tenants

If you can mange to, offer an extra deposit to cover rent, it usually removes the issue.

purplewhale Mon 01-Feb-16 17:34:14

Check your employment rights as there are laws about making a pregnant person redundant. My cousin got a payout for it

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 01-Feb-16 17:36:14

Can you approach the council for housing? I know two people who have similarly been kicked out by their landlord and both got council houses within a couple of months. And you might be high priority as pregnant.

Guess it's fpdifferent in different areas but it's worth a try?

PollyPocket100 Mon 01-Feb-16 17:38:03

Hadn't even thought of that quote, thank you!

They made my whole team redundant purple so definitely not discrimination.

We're down in the south east Simon, massively short on housing down here but could be worth a try!

Quoteunquote Mon 01-Feb-16 17:50:29

Half my crew are self employed, this comes up a lot, and it's always the fastest solution.

Most private rents around here go on the rent bid system, the person who puts up the most advance rent and deposit gets it, so most people bid at least two years rent in advance (but you still only get six months contract, the money just hold the bid), the least you can bid here is six.

BaBaBaBoomBoom Mon 01-Feb-16 18:35:21

Equally, the landlord has to provide you with a working oven, even if your moving out imminently, so call him in the morning..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now