Talk

Advanced search

To feel a bit inadequate at 'posh' school?

(5 Posts)
PooDogMillionaire Mon 01-Feb-16 14:32:44

DS moved schools a while ago due to bullying. He was offered a place at another state school which is notoriously difficult to get into and is in a very very affluent area of the city.

He loves it there and is doing very well, but I do feel very inadequate compared to most of the parents. The vast, vast majority are older, more successful, live in incredibly expensive houses and have very well paid jobs.

DS's friends go on lots of holidays and are constantly doing some activity or another.

We live in a fairly modest house in a much less expensive area and I know I shouldn't but I can't help but compare...

CruCru Mon 01-Feb-16 14:38:57

You know that none of that stuff will matter to the other parents, don't you?

SwearyGodmother Mon 01-Feb-16 14:40:40

You know that none of that stuff will matter to the other parents, don't you

^^this

Please don't fret.

PooDogMillionaire Mon 01-Feb-16 14:43:20

I agree. The ridiculous thing is that in DS's last school there were a lot of underprivileged kids and it never entered my head to question where they lived or whether it was 'up to scratch' confused

Namechange02 Mon 01-Feb-16 18:42:35

You know that none of that stuff will matter to the other parents, don't you

Hmm it does where I live. But maybe you live in an area with more enlightened parents who don't define themselves by their income.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now