To think you DON'T take the money before you deliver the shopping?

(71 Posts)
NickiFury Sun 31-Jan-16 23:35:40

Bloody Tesco. Haven't turned up with my food delivery but checking my bank account, they've taken the payment and in my Tesco account it shows the order as having been completed. Can't phone them because they close at 22.00 on Sunday. No messages, no contact and I have to get dd up early tomorrow to get to shop for stuff for tea tomorrow night. I can't go during the day as on a school trip with dd and can't go straight from school as we have a child coming from school with us, for a play date who has significant additional needs and can't be dragged round the shop buying groceries for an hour of the play date.

It's just really stressed me out tbh, it's the one time I really needed things to go smoothly.

Dee03 Sun 31-Jan-16 23:39:42

I now refuse to use Tesco as they did this to me 2 weeks ago angry

NickiFury Sun 31-Jan-16 23:42:21

It seems like such a first world problem to be complaining about but it's horribly stressful isn't it? Especially in light of the day I have on tomorrow. I was out today and could have shopped then but no, didn't because the delivery was coming. SO annoying!

How was yours resolved Dee?

I know I will struggle to sleep tonight now with that nice little adrenaline rush from the annoyance and knowing I have to drag poor dd off to the shop at 8.00 am.

Bake62 Sun 31-Jan-16 23:43:22

everywhere takes the money before delivery it would be strange if they didn't. Pay then receive goods.

it was probably a delivery driver that couldn't get to you in the stated time.

although it was wrong of them I'm sure they will deliver tomorrow evening.

Catsize Sun 31-Jan-16 23:44:20

Go to Tesco, fill a trolley, walk out and tell them you'll pay them in two years. Maybe.

NickiFury Sun 31-Jan-16 23:48:31

Tesco take the payment once you sign for it. I have not signed for it therefore the payment shouldn't have gone. It is also showing as having been delivered, which it has not. Tomorrow evening won't really work for reasons explained previously.

Scroogehaditright15 Sun 31-Jan-16 23:52:17

I've never used Tesco, but have used Morrisons, and they take payment the day after delivery (and take Paypal).

Blondie1984 Sun 31-Jan-16 23:53:43

I've had this with Asda soooo many times

NickiFury Sun 31-Jan-16 23:58:58

I do think when it's food that the policy should be payment on delivery or just after, because if they don't turn up people need that money for food. I'm lucky I am not in that position and will be able to go tomorrow and buy what I need until I am refunded or the delivery arrives but many would be really stuck wouldn't they?

IguanaTail Mon 01-Feb-16 00:00:41

It's bloody annoying!!!

kaitlinktm Mon 01-Feb-16 00:03:23

I am surprised to hear that about Asda Blondie. I have had an Asda delivery nearly every week for years, and they never take the payment out beforehand - it is usually two days afterwards!

LariyahSpen Mon 01-Feb-16 00:03:59

Its an utter joke!! To leave a family with no food and sometimes no money either! Asda have done this to us twice shocking!

Bake62 Mon 01-Feb-16 00:26:54

Im not really sure I would think that the cupboards were that bare, and a shopping order would mean starvation for the family involved.

Its very inconvenient but its not the end of the world if the delivery was made the next day confused

zzzzz Mon 01-Feb-16 00:29:23

Sounds like McDonalds on the way home to me <lazy>

MartyrStewart Mon 01-Feb-16 00:30:13

Tesco don't take delivery once you have signed for it, it goes though the checkout as soon as your last item has been picked.

But if the payment goes through, it would be delivered and if it doesn't you should be contacted to advise this.

MartyrStewart Mon 01-Feb-16 00:30:32

Take payment, not take delivery.

NickiFury Mon 01-Feb-16 00:37:31

matyr I have never in years of ordering online grocery shopping had the payment taken at checkout. Always on delivery.

Cupboards aren't bare, no, but there's no fresh fruit, veg or salad left and I need that for packed lunch and dinner tomorrow. Both children have restricted diets due to additional needs.

Bake62 Mon 01-Feb-16 00:42:39

Im sure they will deliver by dinner time tomorrow and I'm also sure that a bit of non fresh won't hurt them.

Im also double sure that you will make tesco pay for this grin

NickiFury Mon 01-Feb-16 00:51:37

Not really. What can be done?

To be honest I think my situation is probably more challenging than many peoples so I suppose generally people wouldn't understand or be sympathetic to how difficult this is. I can't actually go supermarket shopping with both my children at the same time for reasons mentioned previously, am a single parent too so no one to stay with kids or pop out for groceries, children on restricted diets - think along the lines of packed lunch must be the same every day or child will not cope etc. I guess without that in mind it doesn't seem like a big deal but it actually kind of is smile

Bake62 Mon 01-Feb-16 00:59:05

Im trying to understand your predicament Nicki.

Is one of your children autistic?

Are there no shops near you that sell a bit of fruit that you could pop into on the way?

MartyrStewart Mon 01-Feb-16 01:05:21

I'm sorry if I came across unsympathetic, I get that this is a massive PITA. But the payment is taken once your shopping is ready to deliver. So if you had a 10-11am delivery slot, the payment would be taken probably at about 8am.

Have you checked your e-mail? (Including SPAM)

NickiFury Mon 01-Feb-16 01:07:15

Both my children are autistic. No there is not a shop on the way, I will have go in the opposite direction. You really don't need to understand it to be fair but I did already give lots of details that indicated difficulties. An example of the packed lunch issue was when I decided dd needed a little more food and started putting an extra half a sandwich in her packed lunch. For two weeks she refused to eat the sandwich because it was unexpected but wasn't able to tell me the problem and school didn't notice, so she was basically managing a whole day on a green apple (always green) and a green salad - all fruit and veg must be green, raw and crunchy. I suppose I am lucky in that respect but it does mean that a spare carrot or peach in the fridge will not do. I'm still up now because she's still restless so the shopping trip tomorrow morning is a real added burden, not to mention getting round the unexpected trip.

I just wanted a whinge really not to be nit picked at and have it implied that I am overreacting.

Ginkypig Mon 01-Feb-16 01:08:25

Op it doesn't matter why, you shouldn't need to explain yourself!

The situation is simple no delivery means no payment should have been taken!

NickiFury Mon 01-Feb-16 01:11:51

It really wasn't martyr I know this because I bought train tickets on line at around 8.45 pm and I checked my account to make sure I had enough in there as well as for the shopping. The payment was taken sometime after that.

Anyway I have had enough of explaining myself and being pulled up on my supposed inaccuracies. It's annoying I was pissed off and stressed out with no one to bounce it off hence posting here. Wish I hadn't bothered now.

Night.

NickiFury Mon 01-Feb-16 01:12:24

Thanks Ginky smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now