To be shocked and disgusted. (Lighthearted)

(5 Posts)
Figuringitout Sun 31-Jan-16 22:01:56

My brother recently returned from Italy and brought us this jar of pesto. I have been saving it as it was a 'nice jar'.
However, this evening DH found it and innocently added a liberal amount to our pasta (emergency tea, cba with supermarket this weekend!)
After a sniff and a reluctant taste ('Hmmm, smells funny - bit like cabbage. Is it off?) I googled the ingredients...
It's TURNIP pesto. And the devil's food.
There are no words to accurately describe the horror.
Who the fuck thought turnips and pesto were a good idea?
I have included a picture in the hope that I can save one other person from having to go through what we did this evening.

dudsville Sun 31-Jan-16 22:03:22

How funny, at least it wasn't put in a meal for guests!

AlpacaLypse Sun 31-Jan-16 22:06:21

flowers OP

Couldn't your brother have brought back some of those yummy Dadi porcini mushroom stock cubes that Waitrose used to sell but are no longer available in any standard supermarket and it looks like I'm going to have get them mail-order or visit Tuscany or Soho for. (Which are frankly equally expensive and the same level of PITA from here out in the sticks!)

MuttonDressedAsMutton Sun 31-Jan-16 22:19:06

Alpaca I'm a huge fan of Italian stock cubes - although I prefer Knorr - but have you looked at a website called (somewhat clumsily) Nifeislife? Lots of excellent stuff on there although they do have an incredibly annoying £20 minimum spend restriction. Or you could just take a bullet and go to Italy. No pain no gain, what!!

GreatFuckability Sun 31-Jan-16 22:22:16

RIP Turnip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now