Talk

Advanced search

Aibu about New Look clothes?

(85 Posts)
Squishyeyeballs Sun 31-Jan-16 12:56:52

Fucking New Look. Once again, a dressy top I bought in NL has started to fall apart after only 2 wears. Am I the only one who finds the quality of their tops has taken a major nosedive in the last 2 years? I no longer buy any of their cotton vests or tshirts since they became so thin and light that you risk public indecency by wearing them hmm Not to mention the fact that they wash terribly and are destroyed after a few wears.

Is it just me who finds this? Their jeans and shoes are still great. Leggings are not so great. I have emailed complaining a few times but got no reply. I'm just going to give up and not shop there anymore. But where am I going to get fashionable reasonably priced clothes now??

RaeSkywalker Sun 31-Jan-16 13:02:50

I got a hoody from there (white with a black emblem). It looked terrible after a couple of washes and I use it for DIY now. It's annoying because their clothes aren't cheap.

BibaDiba Sun 31-Jan-16 13:03:06

I think their stuff just looks a bit shite really. The majority of it looks very cheap. The leggings always go into holes and you're right about the cotton vests. I never brought jeans from there anyway so not sure about those but I generally don't shop there now at all. Can't be doing with it.

wizzywig Sun 31-Jan-16 13:03:53

Always thought it was cheap shite in there

ThatsHowYouGetAnts Sun 31-Jan-16 13:07:35

Try Uniqlo. Prices generally very good, sales and offers good and frequent, quality decent to great. Probably my most-used online shop.

Thatrabbittrickedme Sun 31-Jan-16 13:18:52

Their clothes have always been really shit quality. I haven't shopped there for years. I'm amazed they are still going with so many better options on the high street

Brightnorthernlights Sun 31-Jan-16 13:20:56

I've stopped my daughter from buying New Look clothes, as soon as they are worn, threads hanging off, holes appear and with one wash they turn to rags.

Thatrabbittrickedme Sun 31-Jan-16 13:22:02

Sorry - just realised you were asking for other options blush. H&M, Zara (v good value in the sales) are better in my view and they have really good turnover of stick so always have new stuff in

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 31-Jan-16 13:22:33

Well speaking as I find. Ive never had a problem with the quality. I bought a dress from there 3 years ago and Its still as good as new

Thatrabbittrickedme Sun 31-Jan-16 13:22:35

I mean stock obvs!

SquinkiesRule Sun 31-Jan-16 13:22:55

I haven't had much of their stuff, but the bits I've had were rubbish quality after washing a couple of times.
My grown kids swear by Uniqlo for price and quality.

Thenightswatch Sun 31-Jan-16 13:27:58

I bought maternity leggings and vests from new look, the leggings have holes in them, and ripped up my arse seam.

And the vests have gone all bobbly and see through and have been demoted to pj tops!

Yanbu

Sighing Sun 31-Jan-16 13:30:38

? They've been around for years with a reputation for low quality fabrics and production & shite working conditions hence being cheaper than most. You've just got lucky before.

SuperFlyHigh Sun 31-Jan-16 13:32:47

It depends what you buy, about a year ago I bought two jumpers from there, both are good quality and have washed and worn well. I also bought some cotton knickers which have frayed a bit.

Whenever I go there to look at eg vests, tops etc it always looks a bit cheap and shoddy so I don't buy those. I think you can tell a lot by looking at an item of clothing.

I've bought some nice reasonable tops and jersey dress from Boo Hoo which seem to be fairly well made. I agree re H&M for fairly good quality cotton tops (see LOGG) and Oasis do some nice tops. zara I always find either cheap or can tend to have loose hems.

PennyHasNoSurname Sun 31-Jan-16 13:33:31

I never buy clothes in there any more. Their shoes are great, ive the odd bag and some jewellry.

For leggings and maternity leggings - h&m by far the best.

BumWad Sun 31-Jan-16 13:35:15

New look cheap shit sizes never match. Avoid

SuperFlyHigh Sun 31-Jan-16 13:35:50

penny I agree re the shoes, I bought a fab pair of cage sandals which really lasted and they look really nice, they often do real leather eg leather and suede too.

Never tried the jewellery but friends have and said its good.

tappitytaptap Sun 31-Jan-16 13:41:11

H&M is much better quality and good prices. Also looks much better - you just have to be prepared to look quite hard as the shops aren't thse best laid out!

Claraoswald36 Sun 31-Jan-16 13:44:15

Cheap tat always has been same as primark.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sun 31-Jan-16 13:48:57

New Look clothes are suitable for their target market: teenagers who want cheap tat they can wear a couple of times before binning and buying more cheap tat.

I wouldn't shop there, but I'm 50.

SuburbanRhonda Sun 31-Jan-16 14:11:15

Uniqlo might be better quality but the styling is dull as ditchwater.

mumofsnotbags Sun 31-Jan-16 14:12:46

I saw a lovely coatigan in there this week, it was £30 but then I've been burnt so many time with new look I decided not to buy, Im still on the look out but I usually shop at h&m online - There service has recently stepped up and you no longer have to wait weeks for deliveries or returns, both times i've ordered i've had my parcels the very next day too.

I am still in shock at ordering so many tops and loving hem all, usually I send everything back as its all crap, im now a month on and i'm still loving every single one of them and they are washing really well.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 31-Jan-16 14:15:44

What's a coatigan. A cross between a Cardigan and a coat.?

Plateofcrumbs Sun 31-Jan-16 14:28:42

That is exactly what a coatigan is!

Third the fact that NL are good for shoes. I have a funny gait and trash shoes very quickly so I don't like to spend too much on shoes. If you choose carefully you can get some real bargains. I got a pair of ankle boots, brogues, heels and some flats recently for £50. Nice enough for people to have asked where I got them from.

Muddlewitch Sun 31-Jan-16 14:34:40

I've never heard of a coatigan before but now that I have, I think I really need one.

I got a New Look voucher for Christmas but couldn't really see anything I wanted, might save it for sandals when the weather improves, although seem to recall I had problems with shoe sizing in there before..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now