Talk

Advanced search

To take this up with management

(6 Posts)
lastqueenofscotland Fri 29-Jan-16 17:04:29

I work in a big team that's split up into smaller groups. My group is just me and one other person. They are nice and we get on.
But at least once a week without fail they come in with such a terrible hangover they are unable to do anything.... For the second time this week this has happened. I am snowed under with everything, I took on a lot of work from someone who is off after a car crash last weekend, and he's there, coming in 4 hours late (!!!) mucking around on his phone forwarding me stuff to do that's coming Into his email while groaning intermittently. This is often interspersed with moaning about how busy he is

We've all been there once or twice when we've over estimated how much wine we can have and not feel shit... But once or twice a week? In really sick of it. Aibu to not want to put up with it anymore and speak to my manager about it?

Potatoface2 Fri 29-Jan-16 17:07:29

yeah....hes taking the piss!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 29-Jan-16 17:08:32

I would forward back and cc the manager. He is massively taking the piss.

NorthernLurker Fri 29-Jan-16 17:08:50

YANBU. He's not performing and if he's drinking that heavily, that often, he's possibly also breaching whatever policy they have re alcohol in the workplace because he could still be under the influence.
Ask your manager to compare your output because you feel you have all the heavy lifting to do and see what comes of it.

lastqueenofscotland Fri 29-Jan-16 17:26:08

I like the cc'ing idea grin

RatherBeRiding Fri 29-Jan-16 17:26:55

I too would definitely be forwarding it back, cc'ing the manager, and explaining that my current workload doesn't unfortunately allow me to take on part of his workload.

And is your manager really not aware that he comes in 4 hours late?

If your manager is blithely unaware, I would certainly raise it - but more in a "I cannot take on any more work from other team members at the moment" kind of way, rather than slagging him off for being hungover and incapable, and let your manager pick the bones out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now