Talk

Advanced search

to be really fucking annoyed?

(21 Posts)
YouCanCallMeAlice Thu 28-Jan-16 11:46:10

dh constantly moves my stuff. Ill leave an important piece of paper next to my bedside and he'll scrawl a number on it while he's on the phone, and just take it.

AIBU to think you can't just do that?!

short of locking all my stuff away im not sure what else i can do.

Maudofallhopefulness Thu 28-Jan-16 11:48:58

Death's too good for him!

MaisyMooMoo Thu 28-Jan-16 11:50:57

YANBU this happens in my house too.

It's selfish and disrespectful , they clearly think your stuff/paperwork is of no significant importance.

bobbywash Thu 28-Jan-16 12:07:42

YABU he deserves approval for not leaving papers laying around when they haven't been filed or put somewhere safe

GruntledOne Thu 28-Jan-16 12:24:27

Bollocks to that, bobbywash. He's not filing them, and if it's OP's piece of paper she can do what she likes with it; he has no right to nick it. If I need to take, say, a letter in to work to make a phone call, I will often leave it on my bedside table or the hall table so I won't forget it - it would be utterly pointless to file it away.

majorcrowdpleaser Thu 28-Jan-16 12:27:21

This happens all the time in our house and causes massive rows yet DH doesn't understand why I loose my rag over it!!

PurpleDaisies Thu 28-Jan-16 12:27:55

LTB.

paxillin Thu 28-Jan-16 12:29:31

He uses your important documents to scrawl something on? Use his shirt to mop the kitchen floor with, his pens to prop open a window and his hankies as a tea filter.

wornoutboots Thu 28-Jan-16 12:29:51

my ex used to do that. Then it's "where's the wedding certificate? I left it right there!" and it turns out he's covered it in doodling and it's a wreck and no good for anything so he's put it in the bin because he "didn't notice" what he was drawing on

Infuriating!

NotMyMonkey Thu 28-Jan-16 12:34:04

Yanbu. Happens to my stuff all the time, I blame DH, he blames the DC. I don't care who's doing it, just bloody stop touching my stuff!

tibbawyrots Thu 28-Jan-16 12:39:10

I was on the phone last week and had reference numbers written down that I needed to quote to the adviser, just as the adviser answered my DP waltzed in and buggered off with the paper in his hand. I ended up chasing him and snatching the paper back off him while the adviser said "if you could have the reference numbers ready before you make the call next time please" angry

He said afterwards it was to check the numbers and then said that he thought I had another piece of paper with the numbers on. Why the fuck would I write them down twice? confused

He also will hover to hear the conversation and write me reminders of what to say which drives me up the wall. If you're that interested make the fucking call yourself!

MangoBiscuit Thu 28-Jan-16 12:54:51

I'm the one who moves DH's papers. In my defence, he DOES just leave them lying about (although no as often any more) and I don't doodle, I tidy. Our compromise is that if it's on his desk, or bedside table, I leave it. If it's anywhere else, I'll throw it in his "in tray" thing.

Half our rooms downstairs have whiteboards / note boards, so if DH jotted anything on anyone else's paperwork, I'd be mighty pissed off. What the hell makes him think it's ok to deface your stuff instead of finding his own paper?

RattusRattus Thu 28-Jan-16 13:06:06

My DH does this - not with bits of paper but with things that I've put in specific places that need things doing to them, and he thinks it shouldn't be there (e.g. toy in utility room coz it needs new batteries). It is officially called Meddling and no punishment is too great.

gandalf456 Thu 28-Jan-16 13:08:28

I hate this. Conversely, his stuff is in a total mess all the time and there is no organisation but he loves 'tidying' my clutter away. I leave things out so I don't forget but it's all in the same pile and he just shoves stuff in random drawers, which are a mess and stuffed so you can't open them when I like the drawers to be tidy and make some kind of sense.

I have tried the rational response of screaming at him every time he does it. It doesn't matter if it shouldn't be here or there, it's not his to move/chuck without asking.

AlisonWunderland Thu 28-Jan-16 13:19:46

I thought it was just mine who did that!
Mind you we both leave bits of paper on study desk, but I do try and check what I'm writing on first

squizita Thu 28-Jan-16 13:24:44

YABU he deserves approval for not leaving papers laying around when they haven't been filed or put somewhere safe

Papers should be filed after use.
In use, they need to be near phone/pens/ICT etc. In a domestic setting this is likely to be a bed side table.

MaisyMooMoo Thu 28-Jan-16 13:28:08

I often find unopened post which has been tidied away, important documents I've been waiting for. Drives me nuts.

gandalf456 Thu 28-Jan-16 13:33:56

Ideally, they should but sometimes, if you are very busy, you don't get the chance.

squizita Thu 28-Jan-16 13:53:43

Gandalf I meant 'only' after use i.e. if you're using it you have every right to have it out.
EG my unpaid bills live on a certain table - it means I need to pay them come payday. If they got filed as soon as they arrived I'd probably forget.

gandalf456 Thu 28-Jan-16 14:02:03

Yes, I am the same. I have a pile for mine. DH gave me a folder for them so I don't forget and he doesn't meddle. smile

thetemptationofchocolate Thu 28-Jan-16 14:03:23

"He uses your important documents to scrawl something on? Use his shirt to mop the kitchen floor with, his pens to prop open a window and his hankies as a tea filter."

Ha ha, I was thinking that, as I was reading the OP. Maybe you could also find something disgusting to clean, and use his toothbrush to do it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now