Talk

Advanced search

Getting married in June - AIBU in thinking I can lose 2 and a bit stones in time

(58 Posts)
WithYourKissMyLifeBegins Wed 27-Jan-16 18:52:55

I got engaged earlier this month and my fiance and I have now booked our wedding for June.

I would love to look great on my wedding day and I want to lose a tad over a couple of stones.

Losing weight before I find the 1st stone comes off quite easily and the weight loss then slows down. Is 2 stone feasible before June.

I am a 14 bordering on 16 and I want to get back to a 12.

Cheers.

AMouseLivedinaWindMill Wed 27-Jan-16 18:54:15

I think it is but am sure many will come on to say it should take you ten years to slowly shift it.

you probably need to do some exercise every day though and really commit to it.

AliAliAlium Wed 27-Jan-16 18:54:25

Sounds very feasible to me. You have a reason to feel motivated, and so are more likely to stick to a diet.

AMouseLivedinaWindMill Wed 27-Jan-16 18:57:25

Just noticed your name op, love me love me love me, say you dooooooo.

Just singing this in car. put it this way, I am aiming for two and a bit stone by june as well!

WithYourKissMyLifeBegins Wed 27-Jan-16 19:06:29

I go swimming most weeks and if it ever stops raining will go back to jogging.

I am very motivated to stick to it!

Mouse I like your username too. I wanted WildIsTheWind but it was already taken. We both love the song and we might have it as our first dance song.

Have you a big occasion too?

Destinysdaughter Wed 27-Jan-16 19:16:09

You definitely could if you do low carb, the weight just drops off!

VoldysGoneMouldy Wed 27-Jan-16 19:20:46

I don't think it is tbh. Possible to lose weight for sure, but not that much, plus bearing in mind how long dress fittings can take...

That said to pick up on your comment of looking good for your wedding... People get married at all shapes and sizes.

AMouseLivedinaWindMill Wed 27-Jan-16 19:29:17

Op I had a SIX WEEK intense but not that mad fitness regime and I must have lost a good stone but toned up incredibly.

In that period I went from gentle warm ups on excerise dvd's to the whole thing plus extra on the end. I was able to do a really tough kettle bell class ( with lots of standing out) and then come home and do a whole exercise regime on top shock.

I ate reasonably well, brown rice etc and had bigger lunch - much less for dinner, no calorie counting and chocolate!
I exercised every single day, even if it was only ten minuets and every time I went up the stairs, I ran back up and down at least till my legs were tired.

It took about 4 weeks to get into the swing of it by which time my body was running much more effectively and I was able to eat even better and exercise even more.

Starbores Wed 27-Jan-16 19:30:55

You can definitley do this I did it a few years ago. Just cut all the crap out, watch your carbs and do some cardio 5 days a week. I went jogging or cycling.

HereIAm20 Wed 27-Jan-16 19:31:17

Have a look at Cambridge Weight Plan - on the sole source programme it is possible to lose a stone a month. I know I did. I lost 4 stone in 5 momths when I did it. You then work up through steps to a maintenance plan and despite everyone who says it will come back on - well of course it will if you go back to old habits. Good luck x

Tulipblank Wed 27-Jan-16 19:31:36

Yep. Very possible. I've lost 2 and a bit in 3 months. Still a bit more to go but nearly there. Sensible eating and exercise at least twice a week.

Trills Wed 27-Jan-16 19:44:52

It's possible, but it wouldn't be a good idea to have anything expensive or irreplaceable relying on it.

tinyterrors Wed 27-Jan-16 19:46:41

I'd say it's doable if you're committed. You need to exercise at the same time so that you tone up too rather than just losing the weight. I've found that mixing weight training in with cardio and cutting out the crap gives noticeable results quicker than just cutting out the crap.

I know it is/was touted as amazing on here but the 30 day shred is amazing for losing inches and toning up.

Bringmewineandcake Wed 27-Jan-16 19:53:19

It depends how much you have to lose - say for example you're 6 stone overweight then losing 2.5 stone would be achievable in that time. If 2.5 stone for you would mean losing every spare pound of fat then it's unlikely without some extreme dieting / exercise combo. Definitely unsustainable after the wedding if that's you.

JessTitchener Wed 27-Jan-16 19:58:50

I went from 11st to 8st 8lbs in four months last year. I started running (c25k), went lowish carb and stopped drinking anything other than water or fruit tea. It is doable, takes a bit of discipline though!

TheSkiingGardener Wed 27-Jan-16 20:03:52

I did but people will tell you you can't. If you're motivated enough then it can happen but you have to be honest with yourself.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 27-Jan-16 20:05:38

Ynbu and its certainly very doable but your fiancé never fell in love with you when you were 2 stone lighter.

BillBrysonsBeard Wed 27-Jan-16 20:06:20

Absolutely do-able! Low carb and exercise worked for me smile

AMouseLivedinaWindMill Wed 27-Jan-16 20:07:01

jess thats really inspiring is it still off?

Rockchick1984 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:07:29

If you lost 1.5lb per week (healthy, slow weight loss) you would lose 2 stone by the beginning of June. Allowing for the fact that you generally lose more in your first week or 2, then 2.5 stone should be easily achievable!

Equiem89 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:10:45

I've lost 6lbs in a week doing low carb. That was my first week and it will slow after the first whoosh of water weight

MNetter15 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:13:34

IT is but you need to think about your dress. Will it be a traditional/bridal wedding dress and when will you be buying it?

IME the first stone falls off. The second is much slower.

SweetAdeline Wed 27-Jan-16 20:19:43

Much more dramatic weight loss/toning from doing something like the 30 day shred which has strength stuff as well as cardio than just doing straight cardio ime.

MumOfTheMoment Wed 27-Jan-16 20:34:50

I went from 12st 5lb to 9st 8lb between June and Nov a few yrs ago by doing 5:2 and using My Fitness Pal app to track calories.

Have kept it off too bar a few lbs over xmas that are coming back off now.

Definately do-able.

magpie17 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:38:19

Definitely possible, I lost 18lb between Feb and June last year and had less to lose than you (I don't mean that in a nasty way, just that it comes off slower the less you weigh in my experience). I did it by calorie counting on MFP and doing a bit more exercise. I lost it much quicker than MFP predicted but I find it can be a bit cautious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now