Talk

Advanced search

To not stop over at friends hen do?

(3 Posts)
perrita Wed 27-Jan-16 18:52:23

One of my closest friends is having a hen do, it's local but wants us to stop over but I don't want to stop over. I'm happy to go to all activities and just go home in the evening.

The reason I don't want to go is because I barely know anyone else that will be there and being in big groups where I don't feel comfortable makes me anxious, I'll spend the entire time kind of sat in a corner on my own not saying anything. I feel like I could just about get through the activities but don't want to stop over.

I don't want to hurt my friend, and don't know how to tell her. I've only started getting anxiety in the past couple of years and it's not something she knows that I struggle with and I don't really want to tell her because much as I love her she can't keep a secret to save her life.

AIBU not going or should I just suck it up for a night or two? If you think IANBU then suggestions of what to text her would be much appreciated!

73dexter Wed 27-Jan-16 18:57:38

I would just say that I am looking forward to coming to the activity but won't be able to stay over due to other commitments. You don't need to explain.

toastedbeagle Wed 27-Jan-16 19:05:42

If you really can't face staying over, just say you want to wake up in your own bed with a hangover...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now