Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that there are better things to be proud about?

(22 Posts)
SexLubeAndAFishSlice Wed 27-Jan-16 17:20:12

And that a passport is not one of them?

Someone on my FB has posted a photo of her 2yo's new passport with the caption 'So proud, DS' first passport has arrived!'

I don't get why you would be proud that your child's passport has arrived. It's not like the child actually had to do anything to get it except have a photo taken, they didn't have to struggle filling out the poxy form with the tiny boxes that you can't go over the lines otherwise they won't accept it confused

Is it just me being a miserly cow or is this a bit PFB?

hownottofuckup Wed 27-Jan-16 17:21:10

It's you being miserly smile

ShesGotLionsInHerHeart Wed 27-Jan-16 17:22:23

Well you're right, but it's taken longer for you to post complaining about it, than it did to post the original comment!

SaucyJack Wed 27-Jan-16 17:22:28

"Is it just me being a miserly cow or is this a bit PFB?"

I'd say it was 50/50.

Floralnomad Wed 27-Jan-16 17:22:28

YANBU , particularly as 2 is quite old for a first passport .

DawnOfTheDoggers Wed 27-Jan-16 17:22:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spanky2 Wed 27-Jan-16 17:25:49

Might be better than pictures of dinner. I don't mind amazing restaurant dinner photos but not something like shepherds pie on a week night. Fb is usually a load of vacuous shit.
Now if the passport had a cute picture... I guess they are celebrating their child. Wait until said child starts school!

Oldraver Wed 27-Jan-16 17:26:13

I have a SIL with weird behaviour like this. She posted a picture of her GC's ironing pile

0christmastree5 Wed 27-Jan-16 17:26:29

Perhaps she's proud as its "a first".
I only had a passport at 18 when I applied for it, never left the county as a child. Could be that. Not everyone sees the need to get a passport at the same as the travel cot.

CruCru Wed 27-Jan-16 17:29:19

Oh gosh, you've reminded me, I need to remember to renew DS's passport.

PitilessYank Wed 27-Jan-16 17:40:09

Is it a stealth brag that you are perceiving, as in a reference to having the money for travel? I might see it that way, but I hate Facebook with a passion.

gabsdot45 Wed 27-Jan-16 18:21:06

It's a stealth boast. She's waiting for someone to ask her if they're going away and then she can brag about her.holiday. b

EnoughAlready999 Wed 27-Jan-16 18:27:41

She's pathetic. Is he toilet trained yet? If not you'll probably see pictures of his potty achievements soon sad

ghnocci Wed 27-Jan-16 18:30:46

When DD got her passport at 3 I thought it was super cute. An official
document with her little face in it. I didn't post it on FB but I can quite see why somebody might.

GloGirl Wed 27-Jan-16 18:36:18

I wanted my DC to have a passport at birth, just because. DH rightly vetoed it as a waste of money considering we have no wish to travel abroad for years!

But still, I will be proud when they get one. I can't verbalise why though.

ghnocci Wed 27-Jan-16 18:38:58

I think it's something to do with them being a proper little citizen, able to travel freely.

scribblegirl Wed 27-Jan-16 18:40:17

I think proud is the wrong word as its not an achievement - if she'd said 'excited' then maybe you'd be a little unreasonable

Zame Wed 27-Jan-16 19:37:59

Yes floral nomad, poor deprived mite should've travelled far and wide by now. I do pity 2 year olds who are not well travelled

Jw35 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:17:05

You're being miserly. I posted my dd's first passport because it was cute! She was 8 months. So what? Pictures of kids are nice, much better than other random crap!

murmuration Wed 27-Jan-16 20:21:12

'proud' is a bit weird, but I posted DD's passports when she got them, as its sort of nifty that she's a dual citizen, and it took an awful lot of paperwork and a long, long day out to get the US one.

AvaLeStrange Wed 27-Jan-16 21:02:39

The amount of time and hassle it's taking to get mine done I'll probably post a pic on FB when I get it and I'm 40!

The 'proud' is a bit odd though.

blackheartsgirl Wed 27-Jan-16 22:29:27

Why is 2 quite old for a first passport.? confused My dd2 is 8 and doesn't have one, never has, neither has her sister who is 5. We are not in the minority here either,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now