Talk

Advanced search

to get annoyed by OH's over the top reactions to things

(10 Posts)
Pooshy Sun 24-Jan-16 21:49:54

For example just now I hear "FFS" shouted from downstairs. I ask what's wrong and he tells me he thought his DVD was damaged (it wasn't)

AIBU for thinking he flies off the handle v easily, and his way of showing annoyance is a bit silly and extreme?

We're quite different in this respect. If I get annoyed I'll just think Grrr, whereas he'll shout in annoyance

I find it really annoying!!!

StrugglingFool Sun 24-Jan-16 21:56:35

Oooh. Mine does this! Gets proper vocally angry about stuff.
I'm very laid back so really don't understand. I used to be all bothered and try and talk him round. Now I check he's not hurt then leave him to it. It's his way of dealing. He's never mean to me or violent just... shouty. And mainly at himself. Meh. Everyone is different.

Pooshy Sun 24-Jan-16 22:03:47

Struggling fool exactly the same for me! Guess I should just ignore if but I just find it a bit silly and unattractive

Dollymixtureyumyum Sun 24-Jan-16 22:09:05

Mine is the same. It's the little things yet he is very calm about the big things. I found dealing with it by bursting out laughing stops him in his tracks

CurlyhairedAssassin Sun 24-Jan-16 22:10:38

It's not good if you have kids around.

janethegirl2 Sun 24-Jan-16 22:13:59

Mine got arsy about something stupid, can't remember the exact details, but it meant I had to stop what I was doing to listen to. him about a complete non event. And breathe hmm

Pooshy Sun 24-Jan-16 22:15:05

Glad to hear it's not just me!!

Haggisfish Sun 24-Jan-16 22:15:40

Mine too. I call 'language' in my best teacher voice. He loves that.

JapanNextYear Sun 24-Jan-16 22:17:16

Mine called me from downstairs in such a serious voice I thought that ww3 had broken out...he couldn't find the right screws to mend a bolt on a door.

I raised eyebrows.

Gatehouse77 Sun 24-Jan-16 22:18:10

My DH can do this but he calms down as quickly as he explodes. He gets wound up by trivial things and keeps a cool head when the shit hits the fan.

I, on the other hand, tend to more like a volcano - takes time to erupt but when I do it can take a while to calm down. I can cope with the trivial but find the big stuff harder.

Essentially, our temperaments compliment each other...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now