Talk

Advanced search

Noisy neighbour

(17 Posts)
Sunbeam1112 Sun 24-Jan-16 14:53:32

I've posted about the excessive noise from next door previously. The constant barking dog (day and sometimes night) and the excessively loud music.

Today i got the opportunity to knock on the door as the mum was in and explained about the music been played extremely loud to the point it can be heard around the house and is affecting my toddler who naps. It was the music that was the issue just the sound level. It got to the point my poor DD fell asleep in her pushchair during the school run. She wasn't very happy but said she would have a word with her teenager but music is still playing loud. i didn't dare meantion the dog as thats a senstive issue already. My DH has took DD out in the car to get some sleep.We are currently expecting DC3 in 8 weeks so realistically don't want to be dealing with excessively loud music for hours, a newborn and toddler. AIBU?

WorraLiberty Sun 24-Jan-16 14:56:04

Have you rang Environmental Health, or whatever council department deals with noise?

Sunbeam1112 Sun 24-Jan-16 14:58:59

I did ring the the Envirnomental health when the dog was excessively barking from 9pm-3am in the morning after attempts to knock on their door ( they went away for the weekend ) but wanted to resolve the issue without getting them involved if we can. I don't want arugments but at my wits end in all honestly with a ratty toddler.

breezydoesit Sun 24-Jan-16 15:01:24

They left their dog in the house alone all weekend?

Sunbeam1112 Sun 24-Jan-16 15:06:36

Pretty much they have two teenagers but they went out so the dog was unattended.

HoggleHoggle Sun 24-Jan-16 15:31:44

I really think you need to try the council about the music at least. These people don't have the right to make your lives miserable. I know you've got a lot on, but they're leaving you little option with that sort of behaviour.

Nanny0gg Sun 24-Jan-16 15:45:43

Ring the dog warden re the dog and Environmental health re the noise. Or nothing will change.

rosewithoutthorns Sun 24-Jan-16 15:48:33

Not sure you can expect silence during the day just because your children need a nap OP. Does it happen at night? if so then call environmental.

Leelu6 Sun 24-Jan-16 15:48:48

I think they have shown they are not interested in being reasonable.

Please call the council and get help.

Sunbeam1112 Sun 24-Jan-16 16:02:19

I understand rose that people will play music during the day the music isn't the issue the level at which it is played is excessive, we are semi detached. It can be heard around the house and is extremely loud. I think im going to have seek advice from the envirnomental people.

ShoppingBasket Sun 24-Jan-16 16:07:26

Not much advice but I feel for you. I was in that situation before it really takes over your home and people just look at you as if you are being unreasonable.

Crazypetlady Sun 24-Jan-16 16:13:42

Music so loud that your toddler has to be taken in to the car for naps isn't normal day levels, report it to the environmental health.

rosewithoutthorns Sun 24-Jan-16 16:28:16

I totally agree if its that loud OP

mrswhiplington Sun 24-Jan-16 16:40:25

Ring the council, we have had to do this with 2 lots of neighbours, one because of smell from dog mess in yard and one from another neighbour using an unbelievably loud power tool every day. They were making our lives miserable. The letters from the council worked, sometimes just the threat of action works wonders. Good luck.

Sunbeam1112 Sun 24-Jan-16 16:46:32

Thankyou everyone. I'l give them afew days first see if they take on board the comments and go on from there and contact the council.

specialsubject Sun 24-Jan-16 17:18:38

headphones were invented years ago. You cannot play endless loud music unless you live miles from your neighbours. Tough shit.

no excuse, set the council on them. The dog is also being neglected.

they are brainless selfish fools. Contact the council and start the procedure.

MaisyMooMoo Sun 24-Jan-16 17:41:29

Everything specialsubject said. Get them reported. They've been asked politely so no messing from now on! Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now