Talk

Advanced search

To expect more from this company

(4 Posts)
Squiff85 Fri 22-Jan-16 20:37:40

We purchased some garden furniture in the autumn from an independent but decent sized company. They told us it would be treated before it arrived so wouldn't need oil till the Spring. It cost £499 which to us, is a lot of money.

I went outside at Christmas time and noticed spots of mould have started to develop.

I contacted the company about this (as we were assured their coating of oil would prevent this) and they've asked for a copy of our invoice.

Now, I may have it somewhere but I am not sure. It was cash on delivery so no proof on bank statement.

I went back and said I may not be able to locate it but it was delivered to this address, on this date etc. and do they have a copy of the invoice. Apparently, they don't. They only keep them for so long.

Feeling disappointed and find it amusing that I am meant to keep mine, yet a company disgard theirs after 3 months!!

AIBU to be cross and expect more from them?

Leelu6 Fri 22-Jan-16 20:39:36

Dig out your bank statement? They have to accept that as proof of purchase if goods are faulty.

Grilledaubergines Fri 22-Jan-16 20:40:18

Don't believe they don't have it. They would need a record for their accounts.

Let them know you'll be notifying trading standards.

Annoyed for you.

Stickerrocks Fri 22-Jan-16 20:41:28

Businesses have a legal responsibility to hang onto key accounting records for 6 years. They must have a record of the sale as they need proof for VAT & their tax affairs, especially if they are collecting cash on delivery. YANBU to get a little more help from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now