Talk

Advanced search

to think that

(4 Posts)
MummyZELC Wed 20-Jan-16 00:24:16

Mumsnet would have a lot less arguments if people just took OPs at face value?
And I don't mean trolls or clearly
Ridiculous threads - I mean posts asking for advice where certain members look for hidden meaning, or look from the other point of view and speculate what they think maybe the other party thinks or feels.
If someone comes on here and asks if they are BU or how to deal with something, surely if they aren't telling the whole truth or are blatantly lying then the subsequent advice would be meaningless. Or if they seem angry toward someone and are coming on MN to vent then they should be allowed to get on with it, rather than told they 'are the problem' or 'need to not be so angry' etc
Maybe it's just me but after the lashings I have had on certain posts from people talking as if they actually know the other sides POV it's just been downright unnecessary. Because if I had been lying about what I had posted about recently then anything I had been advised to do quite simply wouldn't have been feasible hmm

ScarlettDarling Wed 20-Jan-16 14:14:16

Totally agree. Some posters are incredibly aggressive and snippy, even on the most lighthearted of threads. I hate it.

Cutecat78 Wed 20-Jan-16 14:19:22

People jump to massive assumptions and then expect you to explain every aspect of you life/living situation therefore outing yourself.

Recently I have then had posters then applying these assumptions to other threads I am on.

I can't be bothered and don't need to justify or explain myself to strangers online - so I don't.

I think it's more a reflection on their life tbh (ie; they need to get one).

MummyZELC Wed 20-Jan-16 14:21:21

Absolutely. If you have constructive advice - give it. If you want to imagine the other persons POV ie an ex or NRP - then jog the fuck on because you could well be ranting about something which is totally untrue and unnecessary!! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now