Talk

Advanced search

sickening documentary

(65 Posts)
Idliketoteachtheworldtosing1 Tue 19-Jan-16 22:56:42

I don't understand why channel 4 have given these low lives a platform to preach their hate!
I'm not sure how many of you watched the jihadis next door but wow I am speechless, these scum are out on Oxford street and are trying to entice young people to join their vile religion. Thank god that most of them have had their passports taken off them but how many like him are there across the country, very scary!

TheSecondViola Tue 19-Jan-16 23:09:59

and your aibu is....?

Idliketoteachtheworldtosing1 Tue 19-Jan-16 23:11:34

Sorry my Aibu is should they have been allowed a platform to spout their vile hate!

DancingDinosaur Tue 19-Jan-16 23:13:34

I haven't seen it but assume it is to spread awareness?

Discopanda Tue 19-Jan-16 23:15:58

No, YANBU, those extremists represent every single Muslim living in this country. Thousands migrate to the UK every day just to get paid benefits, take up houses and pop out kids. Have my first biscuit Don't like it then don't watch it.

emotionsecho Tue 19-Jan-16 23:17:44

As uncomfortable as it is you cannot argue against something if you don't know what you are arguing against.

Oakmaiden Tue 19-Jan-16 23:18:58

those extremists represent every single Muslim living in this country.

Think you can keep your biscuit.

Pantone363 Tue 19-Jan-16 23:19:26

I think the best thing about it was how vocal OTHER Muslims were against them.

The main bloke was clearly not right in the head. You could've given him any cause at the right time and he would've taken it up.

They were shit terrorists anyway. Did you see how messy his lockup was.

Idliketoteachtheworldtosing1 Tue 19-Jan-16 23:25:29

Thanks for the biscuit!
It was good to see the other Muslims challenge them but the worry is how many young people are watching his you tube crap and agreeing with him.
Obviously once he started shouting about having sharia law and Mohammed this and that he showed how unhinged he is so channel 4 were wrong to carry on filming him.

Hihohoho1 Tue 19-Jan-16 23:25:54

Oak think discopanda was being a tad sarcastic?

Discopanda Tue 19-Jan-16 23:26:00

Oakmaiden sorry, trying to convey sarcasm.

TheWoodenSpoonOfMischief Tue 19-Jan-16 23:28:37

I agree with Pantone. It was good to see other Muslims standing against them. Many of them were really angry with them too.
They seemed to have very little support.
They all looked like a bunch of deluded cult members.
That drum and bass guy really surprised me. He obviously didn't travel to this country to claim benefits. He was an English convert.

Ginkypig Tue 19-Jan-16 23:30:26

discopanda I hope you meant that as sarcastic reverse comment because if your serious then your as bad as the extremists!

Op Iv not watched prog but surely seeing the reality of what extremists are really doing is a good thing?

Most sensible, moral Brits wouldn't see a prog on tv and think to themselves yes I'm going to become a terrorist.

Ginkypig Tue 19-Jan-16 23:32:31

discopanda Haha thought so but just incase I jumped on it!

Sorry if I was a bit quick off the mark!

Mmmmcake123 Tue 19-Jan-16 23:41:58

I didn't see it so I should probably stop posting. However, based on what has been said and the format/tedium of national TV shows I doubt they were portrayed as appealing. Secondary to that, I doubt young people are tuned in to documentaries. Ime most pick and choose what they wish to view online.

PeteAndManu Tue 19-Jan-16 23:43:44

I think when he started shouting about sharia law etc is exactly when you should keep filming him. Open his views for all to see and as ginkypig said we need to know. If someone who sympathises with his views they can probably go on loads of sites to find him or communicate with him. It was good to see so many people standing up to him on the street.

I found the last 15 minutes disturbing when they were laughing, joking and eating whilst watching ISIS films of people being murdered. Chilling.

expatinscotland Tue 19-Jan-16 23:51:36

What Panatone said. I'm glad it's out there. These people are just full of hate. They are not real Muslims at all but hate-filled freaks.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Wed 20-Jan-16 00:05:25

Yes, glad it's out there, but not happy with the way we tolerate their continued presence here.

It's highly unsatisfactory that they don't seem to grasp that the very core of our values is what allows them to rail against us.

PausingFlatly Wed 20-Jan-16 00:28:38

Haven't seen the documentary, but they sound like a more overt version of the mob who used to have a stall outside my North London supermarket. Come 9/11, I realised from the telly they were the Finsbury Park mosque lot.

After seeing them a few times, I'd stopped to find out what they were about (pre-9/11). It rapidly became clear I was NOT their target audience. They didn't like me clogging up the front of their stall. And they didn't like being challenged on the stuff they came out with. Didn't stop me, but doubt I had any impact.

Indeed one of the more high-profile foiled plots was uncovered a few hundred yards from my flat.

I only mention this because I last week learned that apparently the Cologne attacks can be blamed on lefty feminists, especially those living in North London. And that sentences can be started, "I'm a lefty BUT I'm willing to criticise things in other cultures."hmm

Erm, OK, I must have been doing it wrong all these years then...

(PS An aside to this thread, but what is it with "North London" as some sort of code for "floating island of unreality and privilege"? Is this some fictional North London which doesn't include Finsbury Park, Haringey or Tottenham? Or Seven Sisters or Hackney? And exists primarily in the imagination of people who actually do live in comfortable, leafy, small towns and don't get kept awake by the police helicopters most nights?)

IPityThePontipines Wed 20-Jan-16 00:41:43

I watched it.

I have mixed feelings about it. Generally, I'm not sure these people need the oxygen of publicity and as a Muslim, who knows Muslims, I'd like more positive stuff about the majority of us, who live ordinary lives.

With regards to the ne'er do wells who used to frequent Finsbury Mosque, it was Muslims who publicly challenged them, threw them out of that mosque and tipped the police off about them too, but that doesn't get mentioned.

It's like Radio 4 and various news programmes insisting on giving Anjem Choudary a platform when he is ill-educated and only relevant to a tiny minority of Muslims, why not have a positive Muslim role model get media attention instead?

Mmmmcake123 Wed 20-Jan-16 00:57:02

Agree pontypines, I understand that TV programmers have to look for something out of the ordinary, but it is not balanced in terms of Muslims in general and I find this really annoying

LucyBabs Wed 20-Jan-16 01:09:50

They could be of any religion.. They are utter dirt bags. They haven't a god loving bone in their body.

I was brought up Catholic and thankfully from a young age realised the ridiculousness of what these homophobic, racist, mysognist pricks were trying to hide from. They were pedophile's who realised becoming a priest was the perfect way to access vulnerable children.

Same for Islam imo the genuine believers would never condone stoning of women, murder, suicide bombings etc. Religion is a good way to hide what a sicko you are

PausingFlatly Wed 20-Jan-16 01:10:42

Oh I remember that. The melodramatic little group praying in the road for camera, because the mosque had chucked them out.

jillyarmeen16 Wed 20-Jan-16 01:10:50

I thought it was really good to see other Muslims challenging them the way they did. We need to see this so we know and can argue against it. They didn't exactly come off well the drum and bass guy was basically a thug.
Not sure why them having their passports removed is a good thing. They want to live under sharia law bloody well let them go.
It's ironic that the democracy and freedom they rally against is exactly what allows them to stand on the street using their right to free speech and the freedom of religion they obviously enjoy.

Monty27 Wed 20-Jan-16 01:18:13

Saw it was on but didn't want to watch any more propaganda shit. Easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now