Cake issues... dilemma

(16 Posts)
GingerNutRiskIt Tue 19-Jan-16 13:01:47

I am ridiculously in need of chocolate, but having had a nervous breakdown, I just can't go and get some from the shop. So, I've had to make myself chocolate cake, but I got hit with another dilemma......
I have no eggs in the house!
So.... I'm making eggless chocolate cake.
AIBU by making cake to eat now and will it be ok? And if it's good should I share it or hide it? Or just eat it all. Should I have just waited for hubby to come home and send him down the shop?

Chocolate deprivation is making me delirious!

PolovesTubbyCustard Tue 19-Jan-16 13:02:49

Eggless cake

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13485/eggless-chocolate-cake

Go for it.

PolovesTubbyCustard Tue 19-Jan-16 13:03:16

Oops cake

Just in case you can't wait.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Tue 19-Jan-16 13:03:28

What ingredients have you got?

Tiggeryoubastard Tue 19-Jan-16 13:04:01

Make some, eat it now, then ring him to bring cake from shop. That's a great way to multitask.

GingerNutRiskIt Tue 19-Jan-16 13:26:17

I did the bbc eggless cake. It's a bit naff if I'm honest. wine somehow it's not sweet enough and tastes bland. I guess I was expecting too much sad

Ilisten2thesoundofdrums Tue 19-Jan-16 13:55:26

eggless cakes are a bit of an art - some are much better than others ( says with a DS who is allergic to eggs nuts and chocolate!)
I just looked at the BBC one and thought that it didn't seem very chocolately but the extra bicarb and liquid should have been fine to replace the egg- although there wasn't much butter in the recipe either.

I hope that you are getting your DH to bring in cake and eggs so you can try again!

GingerNutRiskIt Tue 19-Jan-16 14:12:59

I've ordered him to fetch me a huge galaxy bar. I'm sadly disappointed with cake now. The kids can eat it when they come home but I suspect even they would turn their noses up to it. Pity, because it looks and smells delicious.
It's like getting an iPhone 6 box with a Nokia 3210 inside.
Disappointed.

Krampus Tue 19-Jan-16 15:12:27

www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/19/nokia-3210-greatest-phone-all-time

TheSpottedZebra Tue 19-Jan-16 15:18:14

Can you soup up the cake a bit? Ice it, Nutella it, jam it?

GingerNutRiskIt Tue 19-Jan-16 15:42:51

If I had any Nutella here I'd eat the whole jar with a spoon! No I've well and truly given up on the cake, but the kids are not as fussy as me like it.

GingerNutRiskIt Tue 19-Jan-16 15:49:03

Krampus yeah in fairness it was an awesome phone, but there's only so many times you can play snake

AlpacaPicnic Tue 19-Jan-16 16:11:48

I'm sorry the cake didn't quite work for you. Could you keep the remaining cake and turn it into a trifle base?

Drizzle with a little liquer to make it more moist, top with a good custard, whipped cream with more booze and some pretty chocolate sprinkles?

blueturtle6 Tue 19-Jan-16 21:41:36

Following on from alpaca, do Italian trifle, chocolate cake, choc custard and meringue top

tillytown Tue 19-Jan-16 21:54:08

Or you could send it to me, I'm not fussy. Free cake is the best cake.

GingerNutRiskIt Tue 19-Jan-16 22:17:09

Mmmm good thinking about the trifle! There's plenty left. Might soak it lace it with a spot of Tia Maria grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now