To be fed up of attracting taken men?

(7 Posts)
thelifeofamber Tue 19-Jan-16 11:56:13

When I started my new job a guy in my department starting emailing me and asked me to meet up with him.

I knew he had a child because he mentioned her a couple of times but I assumed he was separated.

No turns out he's very much married.

Same thing happened again but with a different guy.

Then last week I started chatting to a guy in a different department as we had mutual friends and met during lunch.

He asked to meet up for a coffee and I said yes, he said he was really lucky etc.

I then had a look on his fb and he's got a girlfriend.

Do I give off a vibe do you think, that I'm a girl to have a fun time with but never date or settle down with? sad

stumblymonkey Tue 19-Jan-16 12:02:44

Wow...that's quite a few. Would you say you are flirtatious?

What do you wear to work?

I don't condone taken men behaving in this way even if you go to work naked...I'm just wondering if there is something you're unknowingly doing or just a coincidence?

ALaughAMinute Tue 19-Jan-16 12:09:46

Just tell them you're not interested. Presumably you attract single men as well?

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 19-Jan-16 12:13:57

What do you wear to work?

hmm

PixieChops Tue 19-Jan-16 12:18:34

I don't think it's anything you're doing OP. Unfortunately these guys just sound like chancers. Sorry you seem to be around so many dogs at work.

stumblymonkey Tue 19-Jan-16 12:45:52

Goodnight...don't get me wrong, I'm not in anyway suggesting that the OP needs to change but she has asked....

Unfortunately there are knuckle draggers men out there that still have an outdated view of women dressing 'for them' or it meaning something...

specialsubject Tue 19-Jan-16 13:18:11

you've got a high percentage of marriage cheats in your office. They will ask anyone vaguely female out in the hope of getting laid. You are female, that will do.

also you are the new worker so they are hoping you haven't the brains to work out what is going on.

clearly you have.

as I said, you have two X chromosomes and that's all they are interested in.

don't worry about it. And stay well clear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now