Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to get annoyed when people start a thread and then bugger off?

(53 Posts)
MardyBra Mon 18-Jan-16 16:00:32

Without any updates or replies.

squoosh Mon 18-Jan-16 16:08:20

Well it's been 7 minutes and you haven't updated this thread......

EssentialHummus Mon 18-Jan-16 16:09:28

We're never going to hear from you again, are we OP? grin

Yep, it drives me mad. Especially when it's something provocative, missing useful information, or which has generated pages and pages of reply. My most recent bugbear was someone starting a thread about hoping for a house price crash. Cue 10+ pages of replies/questions to the OP. I was on the verge of advance searching to see if they were about on other threads and suggesting they might want to come back!

MistressDeeCee Mon 18-Jan-16 16:11:55

Yes I've just looked at one, couple of pages of responses/advice to OP so far and not a single response from her. I guess they just read the replies take from it what they will and feel no need to update. It is slightly annoying tho

pilates Mon 18-Jan-16 16:18:20

Yes very annoying.

Jibberjabberjooo Mon 18-Jan-16 16:24:50

Yes it's annoying. It shouldn't be as it's only the internet and who knows if half these threads are even real?

The most annoying one recently was the holiday/friend/money one. The OP never came back.

Murphyslaw21 Mon 18-Jan-16 16:27:32

I'm probably guilty of that. Only because I hate long lists and am always clearing my watched items.

Sorry if I have. Ask away

squoosh Mon 18-Jan-16 16:28:32

WHERE ARE YOU OP?

GET BACK HERE YOU THREAD DESERTING FIEND!

timemaychangeme Mon 18-Jan-16 16:32:49

Yes, I do get annoyed. OK a few hours or even longer because people have RL to deal with. But just to do an OP and not return. Why bother.

NewYearNewToads Mon 18-Jan-16 16:34:39

Perhaps they have a life away from the internet?

Jibberjabberjooo Mon 18-Jan-16 16:36:16

I think sometimes people don't like the answers as it isn't what they want to hear.

RiverTam Mon 18-Jan-16 16:37:42

To be fair, I think some people start threads at a bad moment just before they head off to do something like the school run, or they don't expect to get any replies. It is annoying.

HelpfulChap Mon 18-Jan-16 16:40:14

Like the AIBU to not let DS go to a football match (as she was worried about racial chanting and banana throwing).

99% of respondents replied YABU which she obviously didn't want to hear.

Disappeared.

EssentialHummus Mon 18-Jan-16 16:57:37

Just thought of another one that had steam coming out of my ears - the pre-Christmas one where the OP asked, "I have £[shortfall], do I pay rent or do I spend £600 on presents?" A few replies to the effect that her landlady was a meanie, then nothing. Cue pages and pages of unanimous replies. I reckon OP had already spent the dosh and was expecting people to pat her on the back for "putting her children first".

SaucyJack Mon 18-Jan-16 17:01:26

STILL waiting for an update on the thread where a woman's DC's school friend's dad gave her a mystery parcel, and she was refusing to open it.

The mind boggled.

GruntledOne Mon 18-Jan-16 17:08:51

Well, it's annoying, but there's not a whole lot anyone can do about it. If a thread consists of an OP and several pages of replies and questions with no response from the OP, I tend to ignore it.

ilovesooty Mon 18-Jan-16 17:11:12

To be honest I get more annoyed with people upping the thread with "any update OP?" several days later.

Samaritan1 Mon 18-Jan-16 17:23:47

How are you doing now, op? grin

CakeNinja Mon 18-Jan-16 17:52:23

Well Mardy nearly 2 hours in, lots of responses and no update from you hmm
You big fakey fraud grin

But yanbu.

Aramynta Mon 18-Jan-16 17:53:38

I still don't know who Anchors mystery christmas dinner outcome.

There are threads I have started and then completely lost. They are never interesting though...

UndramaticPause Mon 18-Jan-16 17:55:09

I'm very guilty of this. I get distracted and forget blush

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Mon 18-Jan-16 18:05:56

I'm fucking terrible for it (under previous usernames, especially!). A lot of the time I'd start a thread just to rant, then immediately feel better for letting it all out and subsequently forget all about it... bad I know!

awfullyproper Mon 18-Jan-16 19:05:10

Hmm Mardybra just isn't coming back...

I hate: Just placemarking smile

Also still wonder about the one who could hear a light cord switching on in the building behind her bathroom every evening and was convinced she was being watched. What happened??????

tillytown Mon 18-Jan-16 19:20:46

Yanbu, I still want to know what happened with the woman who wanted help writing a text to an old girlfriend, did she agree to meet up? Did she tell her to do one? Did they live happily ever after?

NewYearNewToads Mon 18-Jan-16 19:59:58

Now where has the OP gone...wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now