Talk

Advanced search

To have a crush on someone

(15 Posts)
JamaisDodger Sun 17-Jan-16 19:48:08

I completely love DH, still fancy him, and we're very happily married. So is it OK for me to have a crush on someone at work? There's no flirting going on, and if he tried anything I would knock it on the head. But I'm enjoying my saucy daydreams. So AIBU?

Imchangingmyname Sun 17-Jan-16 19:57:02

Nah, it's what makes the world go around.

TamaraLamara Sun 17-Jan-16 19:59:36

In my head, I am a serial adulterer. In real life, I'm good as gold wink

JamaisDodger Sun 17-Jan-16 20:20:06

Phew! I was worried I might be 'cheating', glad to hear that's not the case!

Believeitornot Sun 17-Jan-16 20:24:35

It depends. Are you working closely with him or from afar? If from afar then fine but if closely could it turn to flirting?

JamaisDodger Sun 17-Jan-16 20:42:01

I probably only see this person a couple of times a month, and I'm his superior so flirting would be excruciatingly inappropriate. TBH I can't foresee any scenario in which either of us would consider an affair.

shihtzumamma Mon 18-Jan-16 17:20:16

Would the replies be different if a man was asking this question ? i think it would be.

BillBrysonsBeard Mon 18-Jan-16 18:22:08

No you are human OP, enjoy your private head time.

TamaraLamara Mon 18-Jan-16 18:28:03

Wouldn't make any difference to my view if a man asked this, shitzu. People are sometimes attracted to people who are not their partner. Absolutely natural.

Why would you think that people would take a different view if a man posted this?

shihtzumamma Wed 20-Jan-16 17:55:01

I've seen it many a time. People react differently to a man asking the same question so I haven't assumed its a fact.

batshitlady Wed 20-Jan-16 18:27:26

Agree with you shihtzumamma! The tone at least would be sharper edged if it was a bloke saying this.

Ie, (ahem) "What's the matter with your wife then?" and/or

"Just as long as you don't do anything about it!!"

JamaisDodger Wed 20-Jan-16 20:48:05

OK I don't think this is drip feeding, but when I say there's no chance in real life I really mean it. Think Pam Ferris having a crush on Zac Effron. Would you begrudge her a little head-time to sweeten her day? Would you warn her not to cop off with Zac? smile

awkwardas78 Wed 20-Jan-16 21:18:16

So tell us what is so amazing about this guy!

JamaisDodger Wed 20-Jan-16 22:29:25

He's got a naughty look in his eye blush

MsVestibule Wed 20-Jan-16 22:58:50

YANBU. I'm very happily married but still had/have a little crush on somebody. I would never in a million years do anything to jeopardise our marriage so I just enjoy the little thrill I feel when I see him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now