To think my town is being overtaken by trolleys!

(9 Posts)
hellswelshy Sat 16-Jan-16 17:33:33

I live in a town thats fairly small but the town centre has 5 supermarkets in very close proximity to the centre. Its always been an issue but lately the problem of trolleys being taken off site of the supermarket, pushed round town centre and even to peoples homes near by AND THEN abandoned Willy nilly is epidemic!! On a walk through one of the nearby streets today my daughters and I spotted roughly 30. No word of a lie.

It really gives me the rage! I feel it really brings down th otherwise peasant town and I feel angry that people are moronic that they feel its acceptable to just steal and dump trolleys wherever they please. Aibu?

hellswelshy Sat 16-Jan-16 17:34:13

pleasant town

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Sat 16-Jan-16 17:56:45

I opened this thinking you meant the trolleys older people have for shopping! Which I totally get, they are everywhere and a nightmare on the bus sometimes!

I haven't experienced the metal supermarket ones everywhere and can see how its not pleasant. But if they are the ones where u put a £1 in you and daughter could make quite a bit of money walking them back into town grin

ProcrastinatorGeneral Sat 16-Jan-16 18:15:58

Our local school phoned a local shop recently, as one of their trollies had been dumped on school premises. As a joke, the caretaker said he was going to hold it to ransom, and the return fee was a supply of hotdogs for the school disco. The shop manager agreed and the exchange was madegrin

hellswelshy Sat 16-Jan-16 19:07:21

Haha yes that would be lucrative nocuts but I don't think they even leave pound coins in them! They somehow get around that?!

Love that Procrastinator !

They are such an eyesore and while you could excuse the odd elderly person doing it, it seems to have replaced the normal pull along trolley things completely and on top of that just totally lazy gits who can't be bothered to carry a few bags angry

EduCated Sat 16-Jan-16 19:36:26

When I was a student there was an almighty crash outside my ground floor window. Looked out to see a trolley had come over our 3ft wall.

Came home the next day, and it had disappeared completely. Always wondered who retrieved in grin

hellswelshy Sat 16-Jan-16 22:49:14

I see them in canals, street corners...maybe I should start viewing them as art? Sigh...

Quoteunquote Sun 17-Jan-16 00:08:10

Our only supermarket located in the middle town (morrisons), has large magnetic panels in the ground at all exits from the car park, which lock the wheels of all trolleys.

Write to the local paper and supermarkets and suggest they install them, then repeatedly twitter pictures to supermarket of all offending trolleys, they cost over a hundred pounds each so they will probably leap at the chance for a cost effective solution.

or collect them all together and weld them into an art installation.

They get dumped in our canal by idiots. Occasionally a narrowboat snags one. It's really sad seeing them getting fished out - I don't know if they'd be usable after - the water is not safe to swim in (disease) so they probably get scrapped. I wish people would just leave them on the path if they are too lazy to take them back or use bags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now