Talk

Advanced search

Teacher leaving class alone?

(12 Posts)
pinkandgreypyjamas Fri 15-Jan-16 19:00:12

DD has mentioned quite a few times that her teacher has left the room and left them alone. She is only 5, but generally quite reliable and it has cropped up quite a lot.

Apparently Mrs M was away for a long time today and she was talking to Miss E in Miss E's classroom.

I had her friend in that class for tea tonight and she piped up 'Yes, for a long time!' at this point. They also both say that Miss E doesn't like Mrs M confused

I asked DD if anyone else was there and she said no. I asked her what the other children did and she said that some of them were very naughty but no one knew because Mrs M wasn't there.

AIBU to ask for clarification?

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Fri 15-Jan-16 19:24:12

I'd say leaving a class full of 4/5 or is it 5/6 year olds is a seriously safe guarding issue.

Supermanspants Fri 15-Jan-16 19:31:08

A long time to a 5 year old is not the same as a long tome to an adult.
Not sure what you are wanting from this thread.
Clarification of what exactly?

GruntledOne Fri 15-Jan-16 19:32:47

I'd be a bit dubious about this one. Does the class have an attached TA? Most Reception classes do.

queenoftheworld93 Fri 15-Jan-16 19:38:29

Do they have a TA? Also, does the classroom have an adjoining door to the next one? I have worked in schools where teacher would pop their head out the door to the other class or whatnot. Quite unusual for a teacher to leave the class completely though, I have never been in a class where that has happened.

Agree with the previous poster who says that 'a long time' is different when you're 5 though.

pinkandgreypyjamas Fri 15-Jan-16 19:41:53

No. They have a TA in the morning, but not in the afternoon. There isn't an adjoining door either I'm sure- the sink and board.

Agree with the previous poster who says that 'a long time' is different when you're 5 though.
Yes, that's true.

TamaraLamara Fri 15-Jan-16 19:41:53

They also both say that Miss E doesn't like Mrs M

Unless they've witnessed a disagreement, that's a fairly sophisticated observation for a five year old.

As PPs have mentioned, is there no TA?

TamaraLamara Fri 15-Jan-16 19:42:24

Oops, cross-post the the TA blush

pinkandgreypyjamas Fri 15-Jan-16 19:42:26

Unless they've witnessed a disagreement, that's a fairly sophisticated observation for a five year old.

Yes, I was quite surprised by that.

ButtonMoon88 Fri 15-Jan-16 19:52:31

Re teachers not liking each other- could it be something the girls say amongst themselves "I am not your friend" "you're my best friend" so on and so on.

ilovesooty Fri 15-Jan-16 19:56:19

Perhaps Miss E is Mrs M 's line manager and the pupils have observed an interaction that was a bit brusque.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Fri 15-Jan-16 20:01:40

To say Mrs M and Mrs E "don't like each other" They spend enough in each others company chatting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now