Talk

Advanced search

To have never realised how fickle some people are

(17 Posts)
inlawsareasses Fri 15-Jan-16 13:34:08

I don't know if I'm incredibly naive but since nosying on mn I've realised that some people get wound up about the most trivial things.
I have now become hyper aware that I might be inadvertently insulting or annoying people on a daily basis😕

StillStayingClassySanDiego Fri 15-Jan-16 13:36:27

How and what people post here is probably entirely different to how they would react to you in real life.

Don't take that much notice of what you read here. wink.

Epilepsyhelp Fri 15-Jan-16 13:37:33

I don't think fickle is what you mean then...? Do you mean easily offended?

MrsJayy Fri 15-Jan-16 13:37:50

Doesnt fickle mean erratic and changeable not being annoyed.

badtime Fri 15-Jan-16 13:37:59

What has that got to do with people being fickle? confused

Hassled Fri 15-Jan-16 13:38:31

I know what you mean grin. People get in a tizz about the most seemingly trivial stuff - it makes me wonder how much of life I am just oblivious to.

But then - you only get a snapshot, don't you? That trivial OP could represent the straw that broke the camel's back - there could well be a massive backstory and it's this one little incident or whatever that has tipped the poster over the edge.

ChristmasCabbage Fri 15-Jan-16 13:38:32

I do sometimes think of the likely responses on MN to something that happens IRL and chuckle to myself.

ChristmasCabbage Fri 15-Jan-16 13:40:39

Sorry, posted too soon.

The other day a friend parked very inconsiderately outside a row of houses whilst she nipped to the shop and I waited in the car. I imagined the MNers inside twitching and posting a ranty parking thread.

inlawsareasses Fri 15-Jan-16 13:41:45

I probably didn't explain myself properly or I was trying hard not to offend😂

MitzyLeFrouf Fri 15-Jan-16 13:41:49

It's an eye-opener. Some people really do get het up over the most innocuous stuff.

But to try and modify your behaviour so at not to draw the ire of some random strangers is silly. Live your life without being too much of a dick too often and that's the best any of us can do.

inlawsareasses Fri 15-Jan-16 13:42:42

I imagine that as well, like ooooo what would mn say about that 😅

StillStayingClassySanDiego Fri 15-Jan-16 13:43:23

How do you treat children on public transport?wink

inlawsareasses Fri 15-Jan-16 13:44:03

I generally flick them with elastic bands

StillStayingClassySanDiego Fri 15-Jan-16 13:47:24

inlaws ha!

ChristmasCabbage Fri 15-Jan-16 13:57:53

I have a weird relationship with my mum. She's manipulative and selfish but we get on. She does things that wind me up so so so much and is quite nasty sometimes. Sometimes when I get off the phone to her, I imagine MN saying I should go NC

handslikecowstits Fri 15-Jan-16 14:05:40

To echo Epilepsyhelp, I think you mean easily offended.

I do sometimes wonder if there are lots of Mumsnetters especially AIBUers who are wandering the streets with jaw ache and stumpy teeth from grinding them together with frustration. Not to mention their sore arses from the permanent wedgies they must be enduring from hoiking up their 'judgy pants'. grin

inlawsareasses Fri 15-Jan-16 14:14:04

Haha I know I imagine the same!
No I probably meant both sort of when you notice the changeable opinions some posters have
I know what i mean anyway I just can't explain myself properly 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now