Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To just go to Disneyland Paris for one day?

(94 Posts)
Whoatemyunicorn Fri 15-Jan-16 10:02:17

DC really want to go as all their friends have been but none of us like Disney.

This summer planning Paris for a week, museums, Eiffel tower, parks etc.

And then Disneyland Paris in the middle. For one day only.

Aibu unreasonable weighting activities in favour of adults or should I submerge myself in theme park horror for at least two days!

DC don't like rides. Just think they want to go to say they've been

DC will be 7 and 2.5

LindyHemming Fri 15-Jan-16 10:06:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SellFridges Fri 15-Jan-16 10:07:06

We did that a couple of years ago. DD was 3.5 at the time. We had three days in Paris (where we stayed) and a day at DisneyLand Paris. She adored all of it and still talks about everything we did, not just Disney. We have promised to return when her baby brother is about 4 so we can get round a bit more but we would also do some Paris stuff then as well.

So no, definitely not BU.

Whoatemyunicorn Fri 15-Jan-16 10:08:38

Thats what I thought.

I remembered going as a kid, doing a day trip. One day was enough, even back then!

Chicagomd Fri 15-Jan-16 10:09:28

DamedifYouDo Fri 15-Jan-16 10:10:10

One day isn't really enough to do the two parks I would say you need at least two. There are shows, parades, lots of gentle rides and lots to see. The park closes with a firework and laser show (11pm last august) which is well worth seeing but makes for a late night.

Zorigami Fri 15-Jan-16 10:18:52

There are some truly fantastic rides - as in you just sit and look at stuff as opposed to it all being roller coaster type things. Added to which in summer hols you will see less as queue times will be longer. Some rides you can get tickets for specific times which help.

My DH isn't hugely into Disney, but even he thinks two days is better. I am a complete child and am begging him for us to go again (for the third time smile with our children)

The Pirates of the Carribbean 'ride' is amazing. It's not all princesses and super hero's.

I first went 15 years ago and there is tonnes more stuff to do now than there was then.

So imo, YABU to go for one day grin

SirChenjin Fri 15-Jan-16 10:20:31

If they don't like rides and they're so young then one day is definitely enough.

Pootles2010 Fri 15-Jan-16 10:21:31

One day isn't enough, the fireworks were the best bit i thought. I would say two days, one night.

Also you might like it more than you think - I certainly did.

sandythesquirrel Fri 15-Jan-16 10:24:45

I have been to Eurodisney four times, each time just for a day. There is just too much to see in Paris to warrant more time in Disney. So I think your plan is perfect, but you will want to stay late - so expect very tired kids and a later start the next day.

One tip I will give you is to go early and take time to walk to the other side of the park from the entrance - it will be less busy.

itsmine Fri 15-Jan-16 10:25:27

chrome100 Fri 15-Jan-16 10:33:33

One day would be more than enough for me.

DisappointedOne Fri 15-Jan-16 10:35:57

We go for 5 days at a time (twice so far, third time soon) out of peak times and still haven't done everything!

I've never been into Disney, but it is an amazing experience.

PaulAnkaTheDog Fri 15-Jan-16 10:40:23

Doable. I went for two and it was hell grin

saoirse31 Fri 15-Jan-16 10:46:24

One day is fine, have done that with then 7 yr old. Do some posters think they won't enjoy the rest of Paris??? My Ds loved Disneyland but his best memories of Paris as a whole were going up Eiffel tower and arc De triomphe. There's some brilliant museums there too, one in particular for children, can't remember name but fantastic

DisappointedOne Fri 15-Jan-16 10:48:07

We may add a day or two in Paris this year now DD is 5. Didn't seem a lot of point when she was 3 and 4.

itsmine Fri 15-Jan-16 10:50:06

PaulAnkaTheDog Fri 15-Jan-16 10:55:16

Throwing Parc Asterix in here. Far superior to Disney grin

DisappointedOne Fri 15-Jan-16 10:57:32

We don't queue. We just go at the kids' pace.......

AndNowItsSeven Fri 15-Jan-16 10:59:08

Two days, children are the priority on a family holiday.

PaulAnkaTheDog Fri 15-Jan-16 11:01:14

Two days, children are the priority on a family holiday.

hmm

Really? In my family the family are the priority. Compromise so everyone gets their own way.

LookARandomName Fri 15-Jan-16 11:11:36

As an adult I love theme parks and managed to do Disneyland Paris (and Studios) in a day. That was in March 2014 (without kids). Really enjoyed it, and the queues were mostly pretty short.

However, of course, if you don't like theme parks... well, it is just for a day. There'll be a few rides your kids will probably enjoy, and countless Disney things. The parade is a bit rubbish (in my opinion, at least compared to Florida) but the ending show was great.

Disneyland Paris also has lots of places you can just have a wander around and explore, like the caves in Adventureland, the Fort in Frontierland and the dungeon (complete with dragon) under the castle, that I think most people miss (the maze in Fantasyland and the Nautilus in Discoveryland, and the arcades in Main Street too). The river boat was good too, yeah it doesn't really do anything but it's a good, relaxing attraction and great to take photos from.

DisappointedOne Fri 15-Jan-16 11:13:36

The riverboat is closed for a year or more.

LookARandomName Fri 15-Jan-16 11:17:56

Oh yeah, I forgot about the renovations they're doing. I think Big Thunder Mesa is closed too.

For anyone interested, www.dlpguide.com/ is a fantastic site and should have closures listed somewhere on it.

molyholy Fri 15-Jan-16 11:24:04

Doable. I went for two and it was hell grin

We unfortunately went for 3. Got a bit of a windfall and thought what the hell, lets go DLP (not enough to go the 'proper' one)

DD had just turned 5. It was an absolute let down. An absolute pile of wank. Even whilst walking round, DD said 'oh come on, when are we really going to Disneyland' sad.

I still regret spending that money going there, when we could have booked a lovely holiday somewhere else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now